AZ Tiger Moth 1:72nd- Oxford UAS 1946

Hi all!

Just about finished this little model.

As a graduate of Oxford, and long-time RAF Modeller, I always felt a bit embarassed that I'd built the Airfix Chipmunk in Cambridge UAS colours, but had no OUAS aircraft, or indeed a Tiger Moth of any kind!

I bought the Airfix kit ages back but its total lack of resemblance to a Tiger Moth scared me witless-it's still lurking like a bad stain in my stash!

So I was very pleased to buy the new Tiger Moth from AZ and finish it in a lovely post-war yellow scheme as T6026 of Oxford University Air Squadron in 1946-7. WIP is here, suffice to say that it generally builds very nicely, the only real issue is that the lower wing is too long by 2-3mm and needs some removal of material at the wingroots to make the interplane struts sit vertically.

Hope you like it! Comments welcome!

DSCF8520_zps2d93e3ec.jpg

DSCF8519_zpse1dbc8c4.jpg

DSCF8516_zps75e6d339.jpg

DSCF8515_zps6e73ed2e.jpg

DSCF8521_zpsfb4a9b38.jpg

DSCF8522_zps0298ad42.jpg

• Like 6

Phil,

CONGRATS on graduating from Oxford.. :clap::clap:

Now that is EXQUISITE little build..

MY couzin from USA is studying at OXFORD so I will e - mail him the thread..he will be pleased as punch to see it in Oxford colors..

Thank you for sharing your OUTSTANDING TigerMoth.. :worthy::worthy:

:heart: :heart

Yep that's a beaut, not far behind you, working my way through the rigging phase, cracking tip about the undercoat for a bright yellow finish.

Cheers

Strickers