'Buster Briggs' Hurricane

Fea

Ayup All...

For a coupla years since he died, I've had a notion to do an 'Homage' Build to a character called Wing Commander Geoffrey Harry 'Buster' Briggs who was seemingly a colourful character in WW2. he is, seemingly, the ONLY other person, other than Churchill to be given Pilots wings without actually having done the course, so to speak. He was a glider pilot originally, and dragged Horsas and the like around, training Glider pilots too, until under orders from AVM Barratt, he was ordered to wear 'Wings'. Now apparently just after DDay he 'appropriated' a damaged Hurricane, got it mended, and used it for quite a while as a personal transport with his own Initials painted on it as recognition codes until the RAF asked for it back ! Now in his Obituary, from the Telegraph newspaper, he's posed standing in front of this Hurricane, but:

A: you cant see thecodes or serial no. and

B: although it has long-range fuel Tanks, I can't tell if its a C or D or whatever Mark of Hurri. I have his Obit cut out from the paper, but im Darned if i can find it online. I'll post it when I find it. But If anyone knows, can they let me know please ?

Thanks.