1/48 C-17 Globemaster III - Scratch

Paulo is more than a brilliant modeller he is also a good and simple person! Really different from some proud and arrogant modellers whom cover all modelling tricks under "the black magic handkerchief".

I can say it because he is helping (actually teaching) me a lot with my projects and everytime when I'm in doubt how to scratch something...

Modelling is an individual hobby however if we are sharing our hobby on Internet it means that modelling can be a "collective" hobby as well!

Do you dare?

So ask Paulo how he does all those wonderful stuffs!

I am very honored to receive this accolade this my good friend LT Motta. I really see the modeling as a hobby for pure distraction and joy of those who practice it. Some modelers take it so seriously, they feel the need to guard their secrets so that his works are unique. I never thought this way and think it's important to contribute and share all my knowledge and tricks to get what they desire in my models.

I am very happy when I search for some technical or tutorials and can easily find on the internet. So I think I have a duty to return the way I can.

Edited by Paulo Regini
  • Like 1

Finally got to see the pictures and all i can say is WOW , you sir are a artist ,

am so impressed its going to be a monster once done , good luck will be following with interest

in the first post, what is the 3rd fuselage? Excellent work, the fan blades are amazing.

Bear

In this picture have for comparison, an F-4E, an A-10 and also an Su-22. All in 1/48 scale. I find it interesting to make these comparisons, it is not every day we see large models as well, is not it!

DSC09229_zpsf864f1e0.jpg

• Like 3

Mike

thank you very much

When I had the idea to start this project, I thought it was tambném maluquisse mine, but I felt so challenged that I could not resist and I intend to finish it as best as I can

Paulo has tried to say: "I thought it was my madness either..."

phildagreek

Actually I do not have a good place to store any of these models. I will build them in half by one day when I can have a house with a room to store them properly. Below is a photo of my little room in my apartment. There could at least hang the C-17 in the ceiling.

DSC00544_zps2edd16a7.jpg

DSC00539_zpsed9f1ec4.jpg

DSC00548_zpsc392c859.jpg

DSC00547_zpsb2246552.jpg

DSC00549_zps48000e91.jpg

DSC00550_zpsca01d6e0.jpg

DSC00553_zps459371e2.jpg

DSC00551_zpsa76cf7ac.jpg

DSC00554_zps5ab40cf5.jpg

DSC00561_zps20e4668e.jpg

DSC00560_zps39b1ac50.jpg

DSC00557_zpsc807e27d.jpg

DSC00555_zps82f6cbc8.jpg

• Like 1

I have no precise cutting machine. The only tools I have are scissors and stilettos. The designs are made by hand and the clippings too.

In the photo below we have the pieces before being cut, still on polystyrene plate 2mm

DSC00540_zps6db5cae8.jpg

• 6 months later...

Thanks spiton

Kirk , I googled some images of this plane and with the help of Corel Draw, I managed to create a resized to 1/48 scale image .
All the work is being done on the basis of very simple designs without step by step and not have certain measures in the plant . Everything is studied and calculated at the time I build the pieces . But if you want , I can send in your email the drawings that I use as the basis for my work. I would be happy to see the development of another model like this in the same scale

• Like 1

Thanks spiton

Kirk , I googled some images of this plane and with the help of Corel Draw, I managed to create a resized to 1/48 scale image .

All the work is being done on the basis of very simple designs without step by step and not have certain measures in the plant . Everything is studied and calculated at the time I build the pieces . But if you want , I can send in your email the drawings that I use as the basis for my work. I would be happy to see the development of another model like this in the same scale

Thanks Paulo - that would be great!

PM inbound with my email address.

Kirk