Vought Vindicator

Like this one she`s looking good

Okay, whaddaya think now? :D

Most of the stickers applied. I syill have to complete the white edges around the fuselage band and the serials on the fin, but it's pretty much there.

V010.jpg

Engine cowling to be completed this week and then it'll be up on her own gear next weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

Finished: :yahoo:

This one gave me a few problems along the way, probably because I wasn't patient enough. It's a short run kit and so needs a certain amount of care in the build.

However, I have to say that I've enjoyed building this immensely! I've always wanted a Vindicator ever since seeing Alan W Hall's build of the Rareplanes vacform in Airfix Magazine about forty years ago. So completing this kit is the fulfilment of a cherished ambition.

The problem for me is that one model is never enough. Now I've completed this one, I want more. There are some very interesting wartime colour schemes for this aircraft, not to mention other excellent yellow wings schemes. I'm eyeing the Chesapeake boxing of this kit. Just imagine how superb it will look in Fleet Air Arm colours!

V011.jpg

V012.jpg

V013.jpg

V014.jpg

V015.jpg

V016.jpg

V017.jpg

V018.jpg