Fujimi 1/72 F7U-3P Cutlass

robw_uk

ok, this one is a little but tenuous as it was not in operation service but if, as mod, I ask myself if it is allowed I say "yes" - Naval research/testing/ is enough - the marking have a big NAVY on the wings ;-)

if anyone objects I will pull it

its the Fujimi 1/72 version - photos to follw (in 3 weeks)........

Sounds like a good one Rob - interested to watch as I've got the missile version in my stash.

Connected with the US Navy is the expression in the rules you're looking for - which this subject undoubtedly is.

No mention in there of operational, - so go for it.

Sounds like a good one Rob - interested to watch as I've got the missile version in my stash.

Connected with the US Navy is the expression in the rules you're looking for - which this subject undoubtedly is.

No mention in there of operational, - so go for it.

you would think as I am the host I would know my own rules ;-) but no, its just in case I have told someone "no" when they are in the same situation.....

There was a thorough article about the history of the Cutlass, to include development, in the Tailhook Association's journal ("The Hook") a few years back. That's plenty connection, not that you need my humble opinion ;)

if anyone objects I will pull it

Noooooo, if we can have a NASCAR we can have this one, besides there were 12 built and under Navy evaluation. Was for a while thinking of entering a Douglas A2D SkyShark, think that one may have stretched the build requirements!

Have Steve Ginter's book on this aircraft, has great referance photo's of the Photo planes, including cockpit. It might be worth tracking it down, "Chance Vought F7U Cutlass - Naval Fighters Number Six".