Humbrol DecalFix

marky sparky

Hi. I consider myself a pretty experienced modeller, but I have never had a problem with any decal softeners except the 'new' DecalFix by Humbrol.

I used Tamya acrylics sealed with Future and this softened them both and eventually going through to the bare plastic (I even primed the kit with Tamiya surface primer)

Has anyone else had this type of reaction? All paints/future totally dry at least 24 hours.

I've only used it (so far) with Vallejo paints, over an undercoat of Halford's grey primer, and the Vallejo paint given a coat of Future. I can't report any problems and it performed well, as far as I'm concerned.

I am using it on the Vallejo and Tamiya with a coat of Satin Varnish (Vallejo too), no problems!. It is important to shake the bottle very well.

Regards!
Rodolfo

Edited by rtvmodeler

Thanks for the heads up on this. I have just switched to Tamiya acrylics and have yet to apply decals. I have used Decalfix on my last two models - one on Humbrol Enamals coated with Humbrol Gloss Kote. The other onto Alclad with no other coating. Both times the results were excellent. This time I was planning on coating my Tamiya Acrylics with Alclad Light Sheen. Glad you posted this.

Cheers,

Tom.

• 1 month later...