GB Chat

That's privately owned also, Les. There's also a black version with the Playboy bunny on (just like the F-14's). There is also a few US Air Force and Marines examples too. It doesn't matter either way. I'll join in with the Prowlers or the F-18 Blue Angels now you've reminded me :P

Kind Regards

Dazz

Think the Aero is too much of a whif. The car is advertising the USN but this is only "pretending" I guess.....

Think the Aero is too much of a whif. The car is advertising the USN but this is only "pretending" I guess.....

That's fair enough. I believe the aircraft are actually a civi display team. As to the connection to the US Navy/Marines/Air Force, I have no idea.

Ill get my other builds done then ill join in :)

Kind Regards

Dazz

Good news, I finished cleaning up my workspace and made a very tentative start on the 1/48 Tamiya F4F-4. I have a couple pictures (the obligatory box picture and sprue shot before snipping off and getting to work on fuselage halves), I just haven't uploaded them to photobucket yet. Hopefully this weekend I'll have a chance to do that and start a build thread :)

Also - wellzy, is your GB banner free to use? I'd like to add one, and given my choice of project yours would be great. But I wouldn't think of snagging it and adding it to my sig line without asking ;)

Also - wellzy, is your GB banner free to use? I'd like to add one, and given my choice of project yours would be great. But I wouldn't think of snagging it and adding it to my sig line without asking ;)

Hi Kolja yes go ahead it`s not mine ,go on Future Group Builds and on G/B Baanners its on the last page

Les

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really thought I could have finished my build, even in the short time I gave myself. But Trumpeter conspired against me by producing a bit of a pup which has fought me all the way. I may get the ship finished by tomorrow night, but it may be without its airwing.

I ran out of paint :(

The gallery will be unlocked one the poll is in place and will be locked again when finished. The gallery will them be unlocked when the GB result are announced and remains unlocked for ever.

Any unfinished builds can be moved to WIP areas of the subjects forum. Just ask at the end of the GB and I'll make it happen.

Dang. Managed to get the Saratoga 98% complete but there's no way I could have built the airwing in time. Next time i try building a big ship for a GB iI'll make sure I start it on the opening date.

• Like 1

+1 here - wish I could have done more. The one disappointment was three GB's going at the same time that had so many a/c that would fit into any of them! Choices!

• Like 1