FY22 with fogged canopy

EDIT - OF course it should be YF 22 (doh)... but I cannot edit the title

==========================================================

Hi there. Moderators... please move if this is posted in the wrong section.

A couple of years back, I built a YF22A and for the first time ever, the canopy fogged almost immediately - even with no exposure to sunlight - shame as I superdetailed the cockpit (as much as I cold anyhow !) after I built it.

A few questions please ?

• How to get the old canopy off ?
  • Assuming I cannot de-fog, I will need a new canopy.
  • Now, for the life of me, I cannot recall who made the model ! It's not a bad kit in 1:72 but nothing springs to mind

I do know I have an Italeri F22A in the loft ready for construction so I know it's not them...

Any help - on either subject - really appreciated

Thanks

Steve

9372643226_d535e2cd50.jpg

Edited by clubsport911

Hi, Steve.

You MAY be able to get the canopy off with super-glue De-Bonder (I have not tried this myself, so it's just an educated guess! Modelzone branches that are still trading are currently doing it at half price). The "last resort" option is getting a small butter-knife (nothing with a cutting blade) and VERY carefully prising the canopy off the model. As for getting rid of the fogging itself, I would recommend that you try some Iso-Propyol Alcohol (available from Maplins) and a cotton-bud.

I would think that the canopy fogged due to the fumes from the glue that was used to attach it to the aircraft (not pointing any fingers here... I have badly fogged the main glass on a B-17 I made years ago... you live and learn, I guess!

Hope that this is a help to you.

Chris.

You can alter the topic title by choosing Edit, then Full Editor, which will present the title to you at the top, ready for editing :)

Thanks everyone, I'll give italeri a tweak to see if they will spring for a new canopy.. I cannot recall using cynoacrolate but I must have done, because I've never experience this on any other canopy...

Where do I get the remover from ?

Thanks

Steve

@keefr22

Top spot.. I used to own one of the 53 ever made, and ran the Porsche register - collecting details of the surviving 49 cars from around the world. I had this for 9 years, getting right into the whole Porsche /sport at scene... But it was a mid life crisis (and early too !). If you want help or info on Porkas, only too happy to help.

Cheers

Steve