My Concordski

Greetings One and All

Another one of my recent completed ones. This is the ICM 1.144 TU144. This was a nice kit with nice engraved external detail. The plastic was a bit bizzare as to me it resembled bacalite! From what I can remember it went together well but attention does need to be paid to the instructions! It was painted with Halfords appliance white and Halfords Polar grey which were recommended by other BMers and it seems to look ok to my untrained eye. The paints were accidently smuggled out of the UK in my shipping container when I moved from the UK to NS but I think I got away with it!!

The one downside was the decals. They were pants, and crumbled when hit with water. The first cheat stripe on the rear was a mess and i ended up brush painting it. The other decals were treated to a coating of decal fix and they behaved after that.

So here is my effort!

026_zps076b6e8c.jpg

027_zps31901e17.jpg

030_zps16a2490d.jpg

And the offending decal area

028_zps5c0c180a.jpg

Cheers now

Bob

• Like 3

Very nice. When Revell release this kit later this year I hope there's a load of what-if airliner schemes as I'd like to do a few of these. I've got the ICM kit and I understand what you mean about the style of plastic. How well does it glue?

Very nice. When Revell release this kit later this year I hope there's a load of what-if airliner schemes as I'd like to do a few of these. I've got the ICM kit and I understand what you mean about the style of plastic. How well does it glue?

From what I remember the fuselage join wouldn't bond very well and needed CA glue to keep it together. Had I known Revell were releasing one I may have waited a little longer but the build was fine (I have had a lot worse!!!)

Cheers now

Bob

Pinky Coffeeboat? Is that a 'tea supping, euchre playing feet up tabs out' coffee boat? ;) from a jealous exgrubber!