1:32 55 Sqn HS Dominie T Mk 1

Iain Ogilvie

Cheers mate - but please don't go out of your way - if you find yourself at Cosford that would be great - but I have enough to be going on with at this stage...

Iain

BTW Ian, don't rely too much on those Aviation News drawings. Already on your photo of them in post #23, I have spotted a couple of errors (wrong inboard aileron hinges, missing air brakes under the wings, dubious shape of the main wheel doors, just to name a few).

Thanks Sten - haven't looked at them in any detail yet - but always wary of plans anyway.

Want to make a start on opening up windows and gear bays tomorrow - and maybe separate the control surfaces. The links to photos will help hugely.

Iain

Will be watching this one closely.

I trained on Dominies though before the days of 55 R Sqn. In my day (late 89/90) they were 6 FTS Jets.

I remember the old girl with some happy nostalgia. Even the trip where the Oxygen Bottle discharged itself all over the cabin floor and the other one where I got soaked in AVTUR because cross-feed was set and a fill on one wing ended up me getting soaked on the other. At least we managed to get the fish back from Machrihanish for the Summer Ball though on that trip ;) Getting a new grow-bag from Stores after that however was a right nightmare.

Anyway enough of sandbag stories. Watching with interest now :)

J.

Edited by JaseGill

Keep any stories like that coming - adds hugely to my inspiration!

One of the reasons I'm doing a 55 Black and White is our flying club boss @ Halton was last CO but one of 55 on Dominies before they disbanded. Thought is I might put it on display in our foyer if I get her done...

Iain

Front bulhead - manufacture thereof - material 60 thou polystyrene sheet.

Tools:

Profile Gauge

Scalpel

Fine Marker (permanent)

Side Cutters

Course Wet n' Dry on Board

Copier Paper

Spray Adhesive...

IMG_9648.jpg

IMG_9649.jpg

IMG_9650.jpg

IMG_9651.jpg

IMG_9652.jpg

IMG_9653.jpg

Next up - box for nosegear bay (rear).

Iain

• Like 1

Ummm... shouldn't this thread rather be in the WIP-section? :undecided:

Good point - well made Sten...

It started here as a request for info - I kinda dived in a bit quick with the build.

If a kindly mod reads this could they move it? And change my status to 'numptie' :)

Iain

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...