ACHTUNG PANZER (1939-45) GB

D1fuN0

• 10 months later...

Well i'll be blowed!

This monster has risen its head again..... :yahoo:

I didnt actually know that this was up for consideration again, and thanks to Mish for pushing this through for us. :analintruder:

So, we all still in?

Even though I just build cars and bikes now, and I've sold all my AFV kits, I can quite quickly pop on down to the local shop and get myself something suitable for the GB (cant let the side down)

So guys, you in?

Steve

We need cheerleaders:

408291276.jpg

They always seem to do the trick around here! :D

I was too busy looking at them I have only just noticed the Panzer part.. Great way to subliminally coerce us to Vote Panzer !...

If only a group build got you your own set of supporting cheer leaders to help you along the way..

Serious question...

If I was to build a T34 under this GB, would I later be able to pass it off as a North Korean tank (or vice versa!).

(Got a Korean War themed club competition coming up next year :wicked: )

This is the kit and I was in any case thinking of giving it a light covering of snow!

T34_zpscaead819.jpg

Thanks

Cliff

That's interesting Cliff....I've not seen that boxing before. I'd be interseted to see the parts as I understand EE have boxed other peoples kits on and off.

Here's a piccy you might want to save for your build:

2014SoFar028_zps58e8e608.jpg

There is a bit of an issue closing up the front hull of EE's own tool T-34s, so assuming that's what's in your box it's worth filing a couple of relieving notches at the front top corner of each lower hull side plate.....This greatly reduces the gap between the glacis plates when you close the hull up. :nerd:

Thanks Sgt.S, that's good to know.

Here are the sprues (hope that's enough detail!). It does look to me as though it is indeed the same kit as in your photo.

P1090063_zps69fd2076.jpg

Coming back to my original question, presumably this is OK for a Korean War tank too?

I'm getting quite excited about next year's Group Builds, as there seem to be quite a lot of opportunities (almost irrespective of which GBs get through), for those of us who have less mainstream tastes :yahoo:

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 1

Yeah that's an EE tool (was worried you had a repopped AER kit) and it's fine for the Korean war....You might want to tweak a few things here and there, but no surgery will be needed.

Fire me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll see if I can sort some references out. :coolio:

TBH all the GBs on here turn out a fine spectrum of models, but I'd love to see slightly wider choices put forward, as I said in the 'Lesser Known Air Forces' thread, if we'd made it 'Lesser Known Armed Forces' instead, we'd still have all the current paricipants, plus the AFV crew and the Shipbuilders too.

While we probably all started on aircraft, they really aren't the only subject worthy of the forums attention and in my experience a change of subject can be a great mojo-restorer.

• Like 2

TBH all the GBs on here turn out a fine spectrum of models, but I'd love to see slightly wider choices put forward, as I said in the 'Lesser Known Air Forces' thread, if we'd made it 'Lesser Known Armed Forces' instead, we'd still have all the current paricipents, plus the AFV crew and the Shipbuilders too.

and Achtung Panzer could have included tank-busting aircraft :mg:

Cheers

Cliff