Has anyone else taken a hammer to their 1/32 Revell He219?

CornishRebel

Damn thing!

Poor fit, flash, sink marks, part joins across access panels...too many gripes to list!

For a brand new, 'state of the art' kit, it was a piece of :shit:

I threw it away!

Phil

too bad l would have taken it off your hands. The only problems l heard it had was the nacelles were a bit wrong in shape and angle hence Ian's chopping of his. As for the rest he would have to tell us if he encountered the same with the panel lines

Bit of flash on mine - nothing serious...

Fit has been pretty good actually (the upper and lower fuselage sections were an excellent fit) - it's just the shape corrections that I've got bogged down with.

Wouldn't have thought it was hammer territory?

Iain

Sounds like their 1/48 Eurofighter that I've just wrestled into submission: flash on a lot of parts, it was badly moulded in some sections, and the fit of some bits, like the intake, fuselage spine, air brake and wing halves, was pretty poor to say the least too...not at all what I expected from what is also supposed to be a 'state of the art' kit - I thought mine must have been a 'Friday Afternoon Special'... :badmood:

Simon

No problems with mine, I was very pleased with it, and for the silly money that it cost gave me hours of enjoyment, it was a nice change to build a modern mainstream kit.

I think it turned out well, here's the build http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234934140-revell-heinkel-he-219/.

TheFinish6_zps4c56eb6a.jpg

TheFinish1_zps1abe8554.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 2

Sounds like their 1/48 Eurofighter that I've just wrestled into submission: flash on a lot of parts, it was badly moulded in some sections, and the fit of some bits, like the intake, fuselage spine, air brake and wing halves, was pretty poor to say the least too...not at all what I expected from what is also supposed to be a 'state of the art' kit - I thought mine must have been a 'Friday Afternoon Special'... :badmood:

Simon

Really? I quite enjoyed that kit par the undercarriage.

Lovely work, Guys.

I also bought Eduard cockpit set, Nano seat belts and Brassin wheels and SAC Metal undercarriage...all wasted!

I may save up for the SWS He219.

Phil

Really? I quite enjoyed that kit par the undercarriage.

The undercarriage was fine on mine...!

I thought mine must have been a one off, hence the Friday Afternoon Special comment. It didn't seem to be moulded 100% correctly, which made the fit iffy in quite a few places, and the flash was quite noticeable on several parts, especially the wings, which were also warped so they weren't symmetrical.

The fuselage halves were slightly different in a couple of places, most notably where the airbrake was supposed to sit when closed - one half had the correct space for it to fit into, and on the other half the corresponding space had 'filled in', if you see what I mean. A pain in the neck, although fixable, but even so, not what I expected...

Anyway, enough thread hijacking...

Regards

Simon

The undercarriage was fine on mine...!

I thought mine must have been a one off, hence the Friday Afternoon Special comment. It didn't seem to be moulded 100% correctly, which made the fit iffy in quite a few places, and the flash was quite noticeable on several parts, especially the wings, which were also warped so they weren't symmetrical.

The fuselage halves were slightly different in a couple of places, most notably where the airbrake was supposed to sit when closed - one half had the correct space for it to fit into, and on the other half the corresponding space had 'filled in', if you see what I mean. A pain in the neck, although fixable, but even so, not what I expected...

Anyway, enough thread hijacking...

Regards

Simon

Simon

that sounds more like a quality control issue on your moulding rather than a problem across the production. If you still have the parts I woud suggest sending them with comment back to revell and see what they say. I suspect if your box has issues then they will replace with a new box free of charge

John

Revell kits are known for the speed at which the moulds seem to deteriorate and some of their kits are very nice when just issued but become quite another story after a few years of production.

This however is a new kit, so I'd expect flash and other problems not to be due to the age of the mould. Quality control is likely the problem here

I think you're both right John and Giorgio - it did look like a quality control issue, certainly in the case of my Eurofighter. Maybe the same issue with Phil's Uhu...?

I'd expected, indeed hoped, for a Tamiya-esque 'shake and bake' kit, but it didn't work out like that at all! Anyway, it's all done and dusted now...

Regards

Simon