WEM Vulcan Bomb Bay PE Set

-"ditto", I have the very same dilemma.

Or is it more worth , finding 24 1k GP bombs ?

• 3 months later...

Hello,

has anyone used this set? Would you recommend it? I'm tempted by it, but the price tag is putting me off.

thanks,

Andrew

Andrew it looks good but to me its half a job, It details the bomb bay roof, but there are no 7 store bomb carriers or any other carriers in the set so you cant really detail the bomb bay to an acceptable standard in my eyes.

Selwyn

Andrew it looks good but to me its half a job, It details the bomb bay roof, but there are no 7 store bomb carriers or any other carriers in the set so you cant really detail the bomb bay to an acceptable standard in my eyes.

Selwyn

I was wondering that, looking at the pictures. Still it's a start.

Andrew

BEAUTIFUL!! I got to get one for my Vulcan! Any pictures of a Vulcan loaded with free-fall nuclear weapons?

Weapons plural ? Just the one per aircraft judging by this Pprune post from Pontious Navigator (who I hope won't mind me re-posting it here) is anything to go by:

Something I never knew at the time but there were never enough WE177 to go around.

We always thought it a waste of the Vulcan bomb bay that we carried only one but I have since been told that even one was too many for all.

At Waddo there were 24 aircraft with another 24 at Scampton and 16 in Cyprus - 64 - but there were only ever 53 B models and one of those was withdrawn froms service leaving 52. As one of the Scampton sqns was converted to the MRR role the requirement would have dropped to 56 but even that was more than we had bombs for. I have been told that the shortfall was made up by issuing a few A models to Cyprus.

I presume that, depending on the intended target, there would be one or two long range fuel tanks in there as well.

http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/473140-different-qra-question.html. You need to be registered and logged in to view though.

And yes, the PE is rather nice ...

Edited by stuartp

I talked to Peter Hall yesterday at great length about his products including the Vulcan set. The stores carriers are most definitely included. He had even built a Vulcan up, which was on display and it looked awsome with all the etch.