HMS Battleaxe Type 22 1/700 WEM Resin kit

The Type 22 Broadsword class was a class of frigate built for the British Royal Navy. Fourteen of the class were built in total, with production divided into three batches. HMS Cornwall was the last Royal Navy Type 22 frigate, retired from service on 30 June 2011.

Seven ships of the earlier batches have been sold to Brazil, Romania and Chile where they are still in active service. Of the decommissioned vessels, four are awaiting disposal, two have been sunk as targets, and one was sold for scrap.one note, theses ship went before their time,especially the batch 3.

First confessing time,I got my inspiration from the marvelous HMS Broadsword 1/350 done by andrewa

I forgot to take photos of the kit before starting ,this was taken from a review thats why the resin is a different colour to my,but apart from that,everything else is the same,a lot of plastic and the P.E.spares box has come is very handy,this is a very basic kit,so needs a lot of work,she will end up with HMS Hermes Orangehobby.

ship_002_zps5df2a4f1.jpg

ship_005_zpsda0cf824.jpg

ship_012_zpse4893a51.jpg

DSCF5979_zpsac544176.jpg

DSCF5981_zps535f61dd.jpg

DSCF6079_zpsae3df8f9.jpg

DSCF6078_zps06b33d2a.jpg

Edited by Chris Hewitt
  • Like 2

Looking very nice. I also have this model and the Orange Hobby Hermes. What a difference in quality between the two. The Orange Hobby kit is superb whereas I found the WE Broadsword to have soft details and not the greatest of castings. That said it looks like a Type 22.

• Like 1

Looking very nice. I also have this model and the Orange Hobby Hermes. What a difference in quality between the two. The Orange Hobby kit is superb whereas I found the WE Broadsword to have soft details and not the greatest of castings. That said it looks like a Type 22.

Spot on, even more credit to Chris for doing such a good job on his.

I'm currently building the old WEM 350 Sheffield (Town Class cruiser rather than Type 42) and have yet to find a part that fits...

Mike

Yes its spot on and a very nice build to boot.

Will be nice when you have got all together Chris.

Nice to see figures also, they seem to make a ship come alive.

That scale mind you, beats me how you can do it. :winkgrin:

Cheers foxy :coolio: