55 and 94 Squadrons RAF in Greek Civil War - Any photos?

ChristianK

Gentlemen,

basically, the title says it all. Do any photos exist which show their Bostons, Spits and Mosquitos during 1944-46, while they were involved in the Greek Civil War? Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Christian

Edited by ChristianK

Hi Christian

Can't help with pics, but a suggestion, use the full edit facilty and change your thread heading to something like

"Any photos of RAF aircraft in Greek Civil War 1944-46"

And add the actual fine details in your post.

It's not someting i was even aware the RAF was involved in, but obvious now I think about it. But the suggested thread title is more likely to get results, as it spread the question wider, someone may have a book on the subject with aircraft photos not well captioned for example. I'd be interested to learn more about this myself.

Also might be worth the same post in the Cold War section, as it crosses over the end of the war time period.

As a new as a new member you will find that the amount and type of responses you get here to questions can be greatly improved by careful wording of your thread heading and the right questions, which can always be edited as well.

It's a great site with many very knowledgeable and helpful members, and you want to draw in as many of these as possible, as often they come up with information you had not even thought of asking about!

hope this helps get your initial request

cheers

Troy

Hi Troy,

thanks for your hints, I have changed the title a bit. I did not ask for any other units though, because I was specifically interested in those two - but you might be right, of course. Let's see what comes up. And I am happy to have gotten you interested in this topic - from a modeller's point of view, there should be some interesting possibilities out there :)