My view of death; Miss Morte

Morte_1.jpg

Say hello to Miss Morte.

When death finally comes for me, I fully expect it to come in this form.

I won't have a problem then, I'll just happily follow.

Morte_2.jpg

This is my latest figure that I finished a couple days ago. She's in resin, 1/7 scale and sits about 24 cm high. Painted mainly with Lifecolor and Alclad, and details with various paints that was at hand. I hope you'll enjoy her.

Morte_3.jpg

Morte_4.jpg

Morte_5.jpg

Morte_6.jpg

Morte_7.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic work! I was intrigued by a resin figure which appeared in the background of one of your other builds so it's cool to see more. Love the brass buttons on the leather stool, and the different metals on the scythe.

Any tips on painting the skin? You seem to have it down to a tee.

Will

Thanks for the kind words. Doing this kind of figures have brought a lot of joy back into modelling for me. I'm really happy I took it up.

I have this in my stash.

Hope it turns out as good as yours.

Excellent

I'm sure you can do her justice, just take your time. Depending on where you bought her you may have some work with filler and fitting trials. Some of the Thai white resin recasts found on ebay are quite far off. Don't ask me how I know, this is the second Morte I started... This one came from E2046 and was very nice.

Fantastic work! I was intrigued by a resin figure which appeared in the background of one of your other builds so it's cool to see more. Love the brass buttons on the leather stool, and the different metals on the scythe.

Any tips on painting the skin? You seem to have it down to a tee.

Will

Thanks a lot. I'm fairly new to figure painting and I think I have to give much credit for the skin tones to Lifecolor. I use their "Flesh paint set" with six colours in it; two bases, two shadows and two highlights. Using that set was the first time I have been happy with my attempts of skin painting.

I do it all with the airbrush, usually starting with the lighter of the base colours, sprayed to cover all over on white primer. Then I just spray highlights and shadows starting with the first step colours, the tone increases the more coverage you give it. I'm trying to think what would be lighted and shadowed with the pose of the figure as I work ahead. I use the second step colours for highlight and shadows very carefully in the end, as I find it easy to overdo it. Sealing it with a gloss coat I then do some fine washing with oils and a brush, then a final matt coat.

This fairly simple approach works ok for me for this type of figures, but for "real world" figures in this size I think I may have a steep learning curve ahead...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot guys, I'm glad you like her. I'm about to start another of this genre of figures from my stash, just haven't been able to decide which one... BTW, I've bought a dozen or so figures from E2046 and all have been first class castings.

stan; that's a great looking Revy. Make a new thread for her own and show us more of her, she really deserves that.

• 4 months later...

Lovely work Jörgen.

I love these anime figures and have always wanted to build/do one but the painting bit scares me!

Painting realistic skin tone and NMF (natural metal finishes, on plant of cause) are the two things I still just scare me after all these years of modelling........and no I won’t say how long I’ve been modelling for!!!

You can really be proud of this one.......though all you stuff is high quality anyway!

Lovely work Jörgen.

I love these anime figures and have always wanted to build/do one but the painting bit scares me!

Painting realistic skin tone and NMF (natural metal finishes, on plant of cause) are the two things I still just scare me after all these years of modelling........and no I won’t say how long I’ve been modelling for!!!

You can really be proud of this one.......though all you stuff is high quality anyway!

Thanks a lot. Building and painting these figures have given me a lot of positive inspiration in my modelling since I took them up. Have you seen my versions of Ignis and Touma? They are further down, on page 2.

Now there's only one remedy here, get a kit and start painting. As you are as addicted to resin as I am, you will love the wonderful casting quality in these kits, if you buy them from the right places. The painting will come to you, and is probably easier than "real" figures. I'm close to starting another one now, just having some problems choosing which one from my stash...

• 3 months later...

Thanks a lot, glad you like her.

Just enjoying this one again Jorgen. Did you use Alclad on the blade?

Yes, it's various shades of Alclad over a gloss black enamel base, I think I used steel towards the centre and chrome along the edges.

• Like 1

Jorgen....as always....exemplary execution mate! I have the Lifecolor Skin Set & thoroughly impressed with the airbrush job you have done.

Love your work mate....superb! Well chuffed that you have your mo-jo back......

Now get on with that MotoGp bike....! Lol

ATB