NEW UK CARRIERS

stevej60

Not a big as I was expecting though.

The flight deck will be a bit of a squeeze!

3328585_001db554.jpg

• Like 4

Be a hoot if they got it all assembled at Rosyth and then found they couldn't get it under the rail bridge

Not likely but funny

For exactly that reason, the pole mast can be lowered to get it under the bridge ;)

The flight deck will be a bit of a g]

This picture actually shows the new combined aircraft carrier and ballistic missile submarine in semi-dived mode. It's known as a CVFSSBN. They haven't quite got the hang of managing to keep the new Lightnings on deck, although the first problem will be getting them on deck in the first place.

This picture actually shows the new combined aircraft carrier and ballistic missile submarine in semi-dived mode. It's known as a CVFSSBN. They haven't quite got the hang of managing to keep the new Lightnings on deck, although the first problem will be getting them on deck in the first place.

Not semi-dive. More periscope depth....

:coat:

Sean

For exactly that reason, the pole mast can be lowered to get it under the bridge ;)

Funnily enough I drove over the road bridge yesterday and had a look. The centre span is a queer height above the water so if there is still a clearance issue the carrier must be a massive beast at least height wise

The flight deck will be a bit of a squeeze!

3328585_001db554.jpg

This is in fact the new micro carrier! based on the new Canadian micro carrier which can be seen here!--

-- http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_may2005/HMCSJeanChretien.htm

A couple of photos of the new top secret plane being developed to operate off the new carrier have been leaked! and here they are!

hummelbird_zps2a814e5c.jpg

Rally-2007-Hummelbird_zps1f5a66fa.jpg

As for the large ships currently being built in Scotland! their future use is still a complete mystery! but it can be safely said it is definitely not military!.

There are plenty of images out there and the ships are well into construction,but much as I am a big Airfix fan I can see a couple of far

eastern companies taking the plunge with a new kit first.what makes me wonder is since all carriers since the 20/30,s have had the same

basic layout who decided on the twin island design and why ? certainly looks different,

There are plenty of images out there and the ships are well into construction,but much as I am a big Airfix fan I can see a couple of far

eastern companies taking the plunge with a new kit first.what makes me wonder is since all carriers since the 20/30,s have had the same

basic layout who decided on the twin island design and why ? certainly looks different,

Was wondering this myself, one for departures the other arrivals with sponsor Virgin painted on the side :lol:

Well, instead of one long island like all previous British carriers, they cut it in half and stuck an elevator in the middle. Internal layout is also different - IIRC the engines are acutally quite high up in the ship rather than down at the bottom, so the large volume of ducting and trunking is reduced as much as possible. This is possible due to the all-electric drive system. It also eases maintenance and makes changing a turbine (if needed) much easier and faster.

I think Trumpeter or Hobbyboss will get a 1:700 kit out rather quickly, but Airfix will do the big (and it will be big!) 1:350 kit later on, along the same lines as for their Daring-class kit.

Good to see the ship itself taking shape, and I hope they actually get into service in a meaningful way (ie with a proper air group under Navy control) in a reasonable time frame.

When the goverment pay for a bit they bulid the next bit hence its in sections hopefully theirs enough cash in the kitty to pay for it all.

It's called installments. When the goverment pay, they install another bit........

simples :bleh:

H P hire purchase ??? or the divvy from the coop ??

Na...... Wonga............they get to use the sliders that way :winkgrin:

When the goverment pay for a bit they bulid the next bit hence its in sections hopefully theirs enough cash in the kitty to pay for it all

So it's like one of those De Agostini part works? Was the first part only £1.99?

Trevor

• Like 1