Airbus 320 (CEO & NEO) sharklets

ATPER

hi.

I recently visited the Airbus FAL in Hamburg. There were plenty of A32x with those shark lets (and yes, saw 2 A319SL of American Airlines) also an EasyJet with Sharklets, and Jetstar,.....

they inspired me to built the remaining Revell A320s that are in my own little FAL all with sharklets.

I also plan on doing a HELLER A320 in 1/125 (they have re-issued it!) and, as this still lacks the wingtip fences, it also candidates to be sharkletted ;-)

my question now is: has anyone got an idea where to find them or how to build them ourselves?

scales:

1/125

1/144

thanks a lot,

ATPer

Hi APTer,

Contrails models sell resin sharklets in 1/200 and 1/144 (not 1/125 unfortunately):

http://www.contrailsmodels.com/Wings___Winglets.html

Alternatively, the Airbus website also gives some info on general dimensions.

http://www.airbus.com/support/maintenance-engineering/technical-data/aircraft-characteristics/

I don't know if anyone else does them, possibly RichW on here....

HTH,

Andrew

I converted the 737-800 winglets from the revell box, very simple.

• 3 weeks later...

I converted the 737-800 winglets from the revell box, very simple.

thanks, have you any pics how to do it? (as they are a lot to less high and other shape,....

no i just went off of drawings, i made them more triangular and a bit shorter then airfoilised it

no i just went off of drawings, i made them more triangular and a bit shorter then airfoilised it

could you maybe send me those drawings? (can't find them anywhere, and going on by seeing pics is quite challenging....) good that I recently built 2 737-800 without winglets, so, 2 pairs to convert to real sharklets..... :)