a new Heli from kittyhawk.

song

Hi all:

we have been finish the first time test shot of Seasprite. i think will be finish change and improve two week later, this kit will be coming at next month.

Song

DSC_7075_8C03657459275C0F_zpseab07497.jp

DSC_7077_8C03657459275C0F_zps8eeb196d.jp

DSC_7079_8C03657459275C0F_zpsb2a8a589.jp

DSC_7079_8C03657459275C0F_zpsb2a8a589.jp

DSC_7083_8C03657459275C0F_zpseeacb693.jp

Edited by song
  • Like 1

Cool. I'll want to build a 6 Sqn RNZAF operated Seasprite one day.

However I'll be honest and admit that I wouldn't know one type of Sprite from another.

Phil.......you're the SME. Are we looking good so far for a Kiwi one ? :winkgrin:

Gaz

Nice subject choice too but I echo `kiwitrogg`s' query,.....can we build a RNZN Seasprite from this kit and if so, would you please consider including New Zealand markings in the kit please Mr Song? Don`t the Poles operate the Seasprite too?

Cheers

Tony O

Hi, I may be able to jump in with some info regarding RNZN aircraft.

I was on HMNZS Te Mana between 2000 - 2007, I was in the ME dept so never worked on the helo but had a passing knowedge on it.

The CAD drawings look good but obviously it early days and they are only drawings. The engine pods are correct gor a 'G' the earlier 'F' model were open front and side exit exhaust.

The big things a Kiwi helo will need that the drawings do not show are 1, external fuel tanks, the helo always wears them when deployed to a frigate, yes they can be removed but it is normal to see them used and quite unusual not to.

2, Strutted stub wings, I don't even think I saw a 'G' without them. They have single weapons mount on each. Torpedo, Maverick (larger rocket motor for the low aispeed launch from helos) or Depth Charger.

Next most visible thing is the absence of the FLIR turret recessed into the nose.

Then the towel rail down the boom, cigarette butt collectors on the boom, countermeasure dispensers on the boom, tail rotor transmission grill on the boom, all absent.

Things it would be nice to see are the deployable winches and M-60 mount in the main cabin (STBD door only, i think).

The rest would just be to carve off the not required sensors and arials around the aircraft.

Not a comprehensive list and the are just early CAD images but its what I noticed.

HTH

Regards

Marcus

Edited by Marcus.Q1000859

Cool. I'll want to build a 6 Sqn RNZAF operated Seasprite one day.

However I'll be honest and admit that I wouldn't know one type of Sprite from another.

Phil.......you're the SME. Are we looking good so far for a Kiwi one ? :winkgrin:

Gaz

Well yes, it's a good start. I actually posted in another thread, but will copy it here - Marcus' comments are generally correct by the way.

Looking at the CAD drawings the following points stand out as needing attention/adding:

Outboard weapon pylons.

Smoke marker dispensers on rear fuselage

AN/ALE-47 CMDS dispensers on rear fuselage.

FLIR in LH Nose door.

ESM antennae on nose doors and tail.

Different Flotation pack fairing either side of the nose and different MLG Fairings.

Looking at the CAD Drawings, it isn't showing inboard pylons and AUX tanks, but that might just be the drawings as these were even fitted to the Fs.

Decklock

HF Aerial running down LH side of rear fuselage.

Different rear cabin layout and LH cargo door might be different too.

Winch boom on canted bulkhead.

So, quite a bit, but at least you don't need to scratch build the G model engines and main rotor blades like you would if starting with the Matchbox F kit.

Oh yes, and rivets! The Seasprite is covered with raised rivets, they really are quite obvious.

Edited by Phil

Good to see interior bits provided. As an old ASW operator (although not on SH-2s) this sort of thing always interests me on this type of aircraft.

Looking forward to seeing this one.

• 3 months later...