1/48 - Bell AH-1Z Viper & AH-1W Whisky Cobra by Zimi Model (ex Kitty Hawk plastic & project) - AH-1Z released - new updt. boxing & AH-1W box art

Homebee

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but  AH-1Z KH80125 V 2.0 appears to have been released given I just ordered one from Hong Kong off eBay. It does not appear to come with figures as far as I can tell, which is a disappointment.

• 11 months later...

While I did buy the original kit (still in my stash), I have been hoping that Kitty Hawk would come out with 1/35 kits for all their 48 helos, but it doesn't appear they are going to do so, at least not any time soon, sadly.

Now with their announced closure for an unknown amount of time, the likelihood of these being given the size increase, is pushed further into the future.

Nice pictures and explanation by Zach, someone knows their AH-1 family. Its amazes me that it took decades to add a pair of rotors, always wondered why the only had two anyway, makes the helicopters very loud and distinctive.

Cheers,

Anthony

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Bell AH-1Z Viper & AH-1W Whisky Cobra by Zimi Model (ex Kitty Hawk plastic & project) - AH-1Z released - new updt. boxing & AH-1W box art