Ju-87B Stuka

Airfix's Stuka is quite an impressive model.

It is stuffed full of detail and is a monster!

I always liked the Stuka, especially in this scheme.

My wife and son got me the model as a birth day present so I decided to build it in the snake scheme.

I could not track down any of the decal sheets for these particular markings but Montex came to the rescue with their vinyl mask set.

I used a combination of the masks and the kit's decals to achieve the finish.

Paints used were Xtra color for the greens and blues, and Tamiya acrylics for the sand.

To detail the kit I used Airscale's Stuka instrument panel and their cockpit placards. The only other after market item used were Eduards etched seat belts, the rest is done from plastic stock, wire, sprue, and anything else that came along and was useful!

stu28.jpg

how to take screenshots

stu29.jpg

programs to take screenshots

stu30.jpg

image hosting websites

stu31.jpg

program for screenshots for windows

stu32.jpg

windows 7 screen shot

stu33.jpg

screen shot pc

stu35.jpg

image hosting

stu38.jpg

image hosting sites

stu40.jpg

image upload software

stu44.jpg

screenshot windows

stu46.jpg

image hosting software

stu47.jpg

screenshot utility windows

stu49.jpg

screen shot on pc

stu50.jpg

windows print screen

Thanks for looking

• Like 3

Wow what a stunning build. I have had one of these sitting in my stash since I was a boy. Its still quite a long way down the build queue but I have recently aquired after market seat belts and things for it. Looking at the mouldings I have noticed that there are a lot of sink marks how did you deal with these? I am particularly thinking of the ones affecting surface rivet detail.

Edited by Nigel Heath
  • Like 1

cool build - very nicely weathered. I cracked it with my Hasegawa one and it's on permanent display on the Shelf of Despair

BTW, just out of interest, why do you have all those links to screenshot instructions and programs and so on in between your pictures?

• Like 1

Thanks for all the comments and compliments, they're very much appreciated.

Looking at the mouldings I have noticed that there are a lot of sink marks how did you deal with these? I am particularly thinking of the ones affecting surface rivet detail.

I didn't have too many sink marks on mine, and they were mainly on the smooth parts.

Darn that's good ! I wouldn't have the patience to get to that level of weathering and distressing.
Are they real spit pins in the engine bearers ??? Wow !
Cool !

Gaz

The kit comes with solid nuts and bolts for the engine mounts, so I drilled through the centre of each one, then vertically down through the mounting bolt. the pins are just fine wire.
It was no where near as difficult, or fiddly as it looks.

BTW, just out of interest, why do you have all those links to screenshot instructions and programs and so on in between your pictures?

To be 100% honest, I don't know! they just appear when I post the pictures.
I don't use Photo Bucket anymore as I don't like the new format, I use Post Image (postimg.cc)

thanks again, :thumbsup:

Splendid. I built one of these as a kid and still have fond memories of it. Love the scheme and the detailing / weathering, an inspiration to anyone who has the remotest interest in the Stuka :)

• Like 1