Final assembly before the paint goes on....

P1030677_zps0aa69577.jpg

P1030679_zpsa61081a9.jpg

P1030678_zps10840007.jpg

The joints between the exhaust segments were a real pain to deal with...notice the lack of any engine exhaust detail here....I did consider hollowing out this area but the work involved far outweighed any real payoff so I decided to leave it as is....

P1030680_zps6b81e818.jpg

Base coat of Satin Black acrylic auto spray is on and it's starting to look the part....just some touching in to do and start weathering before applying the decals...I'm going to hand paint inside the intakes as I was wary about too much paint building up as I tried to spray them....

P1030681_zps1c900610.jpg

Eye level with the pilot....

P1030682_zps06673c06.jpg

Overview showing the contrast with the airbrakes...

P1030683_zps1a5be53c.jpg

• Like 1

That's looking special, very good work.

Just got a quick question. I see you have multiple lights running off one power source. I like the idea of the connector block too. Where did you fit all the resistors though?

That's looking special, very good work.

Just got a quick question. I see you have multiple lights running off one power source. I like the idea of the connector block too. Where did you fit all the resistors though?

Each LED has its own resistor soldered to the longer anode (+) leg...a red lead is then soldered to the other end of the resistor and a black lead to the shorter cathode (-) of the LED. All of the various red and black leads can then be spliced together and fed off a single power source...in this case a 9v battery.

No more progress on the weathering till probably Friday when I can get a full day in on it...might even get it completed...

Meanwhile my Batmobile collection is almost complete...these arrived today...

first up the unloved Clooney version...actually I quite like the shape of this one...

P1030690_zps24ba4708.jpg

Next the classic '60's version with what has to be the greatest boxart ever to grace a sci-fi kit, that's going straight in a frame...this is the deluxe version with the photoetch....

P1030693_zps77250e2f.jpg

One thing I couldn't resist was this bargain from Hobbylink Japan...just a fiver!...maybe I'll try a German Batman diorama...would that be Fledermaus man?....

P1030691_zps432eba5d.jpg

The PL Batmobile is a very nice kit. B) I have a pretty good collection of assorted Bat vehicles and stuff, myself. One I don't have is that Clooney/Schumacher one. Can't say I'm a fan of that version.

By coincidence, my Moebius Tumbler arrived from SSM today. Another nice looking kit.

• 3 weeks later...