Trumpeter - F8F Bearcat 1/32nd

My entry into this GB, like the FAA GB I can't promise this will even get started let alone finished, but I would like to take part anyway, I might just surprise myself!

Just the box shot for now, will get more up over the next few days..

This will be built OOB unless I decide to throw some resin at it half way through (money depending too!), the scheme chosen will be the USN Air Reserve, Ohio 1951.

587723253_orig.jpg

:D

Edited by Radleigh
  • Like 1

Cheers Enzo, just had it out looking at it, I think I'll be getting on with it OOB, fancy some resin but it definitely won't get finished then, just means buying another kit for another time!

Roll on the 20th...!

Wow! No there's something I haven't seen before...

Someone looking forward to build a Trumpeter aircraft kit.

Well done Radleigh.

stoppit! You're just causing trubble! :lol:

I will be building a Hobbyboss Panther in the USN GB. I'm looking forward to that one as well. I spose I could have put it in this GB as well.

Oops... Sorry, Radleigh. Hijacking your thread... :banghead:

So this is the one with the yellow trainer bands?

Wow! No there's something I haven't seen before...

Someone looking forward to build a Trumpeter aircraft kit.

Well done Radleigh.

Well you know, it is modelling after all... ;)

stoppit! You're just causing trubble! :lol:

I will be building a Hobbyboss Panther in the USN GB. I'm looking forward to that one as well. I spose I could have put it in this GB as well.

Oops... Sorry, Radleigh. Hijacking your thread... :banghead:

So this is the one with the yellow trainer bands?

I think I'm going to do a NOTS bird, fancy a bit of colour! Just need to source some decals/masks and paint this weekend then I shall make a start.

3_25.png

Well you know, it is modelling after all... ;)

I think I'm going to do a NOTS bird, fancy a bit of colour! Just need to source some decals/masks and paint this weekend then I shall make a start.

3_25.png

Hi Radders - just a note that scheme is for s dash 2 model, not a dash 1 that your kit is. So your kit fin & rudder will be smaller ( shorter), the exhausts are slightly different, and the wing tops will need cannon feed bulges adding ( even if the cannon themselves are removed).

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-55434581667841_2266_40094888

shows a dash-1 NOTS scheme but its 1/48th, so the wording might be tricky to find in 1/32

otherwise if you want a slightly brighter dash -1 then go for a Naval reserve bird with the yellow fuselage band - http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/802/pics/3_2_b1.jpg but again the wording may be tricky to source.

or of course just dont worry and build it in that scheme anyway.

Cheers

Jonners

Thanks Jonners, I was going to look into the differences early next week as I did wonder what they were. I think I might go for the NAF-NOTS INYOKERN scheme, just need to know the font used and then maybe AdAstra masks or someone can knock me something up. :)

Cheers ;)

• 2 weeks later...