I knew Hasegawa was expensive buttttttt....

Mozzy19

Look on the right of the page for other options. It gets worse!

As for it being real, I don't know, I don't want to take the chance...

im not sure if its similar, but i was looking for something for my fish tank, on e-bay the item on one site was £199, everywhere else it was £15, when i contacted the seller, it was a shop, the item was out of stock at that moment so they had put price up so no one would order!, Strange but true.

You mean my book of flies wasn't worth the amount I paid !!!!!....................next you'll be telling me there was more than one book published by thunder !!

Frog Bristol Bloodhound just gone for £1,131 on eBay....

That's one of FROG'S rarest but even mib that's still way over the odds.............but if someone wants it enough !

Frog Bristol Bloodhound just gone for £1,131 on eBay..... Makes Hasegawa seem cheap.....

Peter

I saw an Airfix one advertised at £75 or best offer.

I didn't think it would affect the price that much.

Don't forget, at that price it's gone into the Kit Collector market, not the modelling market. The contents are only part of the story. What type of packaging it is, how rare that packaging is, when in the kit's history it was used, whether it's damaged ... all these things matter to collectors. If you've ever bought a kit out of a big cardboard box at a show and cared only whether the parts were unbroken and the decals unmarked, you (like me) will find it all incomprehensible. You may then (like me) start to curse the collectors and the effect their depredations are having on the prices of kits, especially if (like me) you believe kits exist to be built and should not be kept out of builders' hands by people who think the correct thing to do is leave them in the box and gloat over them.

I'm aware that you wouldn't have to change much of that to describe our stashes. But they're completely different, for reasons that will come to me.

I'm aware that you wouldn't have to change much of that to describe our stashes. But they're completely different, for reasons that will come to me.

Intent - every kit in my stash was bought to be built. Most of them were meant to be started the day I bought them. I'm a glacially slow builder NOT a collector.

I completely agree with you Seán. I was trying to get hold of a Hasegawa FG.1 with FAA markings and it was close to impossible without getting one at an extortionate price. I'm not that fussed about the decals, I usually replace them anyway.

My stash exists because I've bought kits that I'd been looking for, and hadn't found for ages. So I now have the comfort in knowing that I've got a small fall back on a number of kits that I really want to build (at some point).

Sean