Hi Everyone, thought I`d show you some pic`s of my `Ravens` T-28D Forward Air Controller that I built from Rodens 1/48 T-28B kit

d99PfUM.jpg

Which is another addition to my small but growing collection of unmarked aircraft from the `Secret War` in Laos at the time of the Vietnam conflict

vcwOxkZ.jpg

Additions include; rocket pods from Roden Mohawk, slightly modified pylons from resin Skyraider set and bits of wire and sheet for the various antenna

1YEb5Y6.jpg

This is the third build of Rodens T-28 (Fourth if you count the repaint job on the 606th Air Commandos build) with one still in the stash to do

dtmBHWX.jpg

with another `Ravens` aircraft on the bench at the moment, hopefully coming soon

Y08CEcb.jpg

Anybody interested in the `Ravens` should look up Chris Robbins book of the same name, amazing read ( in my opinion anyway )

UcMHwKD.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking at, Cheers Russ

• Like 4

Very nice. Kit cockpit, I guess since you didn't say otherwise?

Do a Farm Gate T-28B - they really were T-28Bs. You use the round drum gun pod, and only four pylons.) If you have the Hobbycrap South Vietnamese F8F Bearcat, the decals you need are right there.

Self-Serving Annoncement: there's a very good article on the Zorros and the Ravens in the August 2013 issue of Flight Journal, currently on your local news stand, done from interviews with three pilots, including the only Zorro to ever bail out over the Trail and survive to be rescued. Author is Yours Truly.

• Like 2

Very nice. Kit cockpit, I guess since you didn't say otherwise?

Do a Farm Gate T-28B - they really were T-28Bs. You use the round drum gun pod, and only four pylons.) If you have the Hobbycrap South Vietnamese F8F Bearcat, the decals you need are right there.

Self-Serving Annoncement: there's a very good article on the Zorros and the Ravens in the August 2013 issue of Flight Journal, currently on your local news stand, done from interviews with three pilots, including the only Zorro to ever bail out over the Trail and survive to be rescued. Author is Yours Truly.

Cheer Tom,

Yes it`s the kit cockpit- good enough for me, re T-28B, I nearly did do a Farm Gate one but did it as a VNAF instead

SAM_5050.jpg

SAM_5047.jpg

• Like 1

You're talking about "other unmarked aircraft of this secret war".

Where are they?

Sorry, can't find them...

Hi Antoine,

If you try a search for `skymaster` you`ll find my all black Cessna O-2 and B-26K. Also `the hasler` and you`ll find my Skyraider, then there`s the `Zorro` T-28d-5 below and at the moment I`m building a `Ravens` O-1 Bird Dog that should be finished next week (Probably If I don`t get any more super glue on the canopy) and a Green Hornets Twin Huey Gunship that needs arming up and some scratch build gun mounts and stuff.

I did say it was a small but growing collection.

Thanks for looking and your interest, Cheers Russ

• Like 1