1:48 Trumpeter Supermarine Spiteful (a what if)

This was completed last weekend - I had originally posted it within an earlier thread but decided it needed it's own!

Trumpeter 1/48 Supermarine Spiteful (PR)

In my view, this is a great little kit - no vices to speak of and went together so easily, one minute a pile of parts - the next a built up Spiteful awaiting a layer of paint. I wanted mine to look a little different - now as this was designed to be fast, I thought, what if it had been used instead of the PR19 - so here we are - A spiteful PR variant. No weathering on this at all - not even a panel wash. And for a change, this one has been brush painted. Hope you like it

20130709_182113.jpg

20130709_182105.jpg

20130709_182056.jpg

20130709_182049.jpg

(I know its not perfect, but hey, built to enjoy and to get my mojo back a little - but can't build anything too big as will be moving in the next couple of months or so and small are easier to pack and move!)

• Like 1

The clean coloring accents the clean lines of the airframe rather nicely. I really like what I see and how I wish I still had the ability to lay down brush paint that clean (lost that skill when I got my first airbrush). Very well done!

The clean coloring accents the clean lines of the airframe rather nicely. I really like what I see and how I wish I still had the ability to lay down brush paint that clean (lost that skill when I got my first airbrush). Very well done!

I dont often brush paint anymore, except for the internals. I'm just finishing off a Seafire XVII and thats been airbrushed, but for some reason, the paint has got a rough finish. smoothed it out with several coats of gloss varnish though and seems ok. will post when finished, but is not one of my finest worksx