Airfix 1/72 A6M2b Mitsubishi Zero

I rattled this together in between the paint passes on my Fokker D.XXI. I painted it in the variant that the old tool Zero was supplied in as I had those decals spare from an old Techmod sheet. However, these decals were so fragile that they started breaking apart just if I looked at them the wrong way, so I had to resort to painting the Hinomarus (no big deal - a red circle) as well as the blue stripes. The fuselage sash was the tricky one and it ain't perfect by a long shot, but it'll do. It'll have to! My only gripe with this kit is the canopy framing. Not only is the framing too thick, but it has large radius curves in the corners making it impossible to mask properly unless you have a pre-cut mask, like Eduard's - which I did. Other than that, a great little fun kit!

P1010566_zps57c632fc.jpg

P1010567_zps5b9415a9.jpg

P1010568_zpse8c16aca.jpg

P1010572_zpsc3e0ee93.jpg

P1010584_zpsc7ec2103.jpg

P1010580_zps92a69865.jpg

• Like 4

Honestly, if I was to give this a mark out of ten, sorry but it would have to be a ZERO. Seriously its a great model and the painted rounders are great. I keep seeing the zero and must buy one.

It must be hot in Scotia if you are building them OOB! - Can't see the problem with the quaterlight - I would kill for your eyes, patience and skill though, (oh and also the superior photo taking ability)

Keep them coming

Regards Strickers