1/72 Special Hobby Supermarine Seafire 45

Hello

I'm gonna start this recent kit from Special Hobby. This is a simple kit whithout any metal fret or resin parts. I will make it from the box with canopy open. I will do the box picture aircraft LA486 which is supposed to be of No 771 NAS at Lee-on-Solent during summer 1950.

Here are the box art, sprues and decal sheet.

Patrick

m_295909873_0.jpg

m_295909874_0.jpg

m_295909875_0.jpg

m_295909877_0.jpg

m_295909892_0.jpg

m_295909894_0.jpg

m_295909896_0.jpg

To be followed...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had to adjust a little the I/P width to close the fuselage and the bottom of this is again a little wide. Then I have to cut 0,5mm of the upper wing.

I think I have forgotten to scratch build an additional tank behind the pilot and it is going to be seen through the canopy..

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...

That looks nice, Patrick! One thing you might look at - I think the wingtips stick out a little too far. That's the way it is on my SH FR.47, and they use the same wing. In an earlier post I miswrote; I have the Admiral (AZ Models) F.45, not the SH F.45. Still, this build helps me in painting mine, for example in knowing what the interior colour is.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang

I could not put the decals last night and I am going for a modelling show this afternoon until next Monady.

So I cannot finish my Seafire 45 in time. Next in the normal "Ready for inspection - Aircraft" section.

I am much like the hare than the tortoise in the fable.

Patrick