Airfix HMS-Victory-1/180 scale-With scale warship etchings

Thanks Kev and seadog matey's.

Well its getting there with some more done.

Had to alter masts and they took a lot of work to get them looking something like it.

DSCF3444_zps3a89b3a0.jpg

Heres a clearer picture showing some of the eyelets and brass added, more blocks purchased and this will make the masts look like christmas trees :winkgrin: as theres lots of pully blocks to add.

DSCF3446_zpsff102ca5.jpg

Another from Dafis build on his 1/100 ship.

800_Victory_tops_82161_zps3bf304ab.jpg

Moved on and added netting to the mast platform parts.

DSCF3448_zpsa0dff82d.jpg

Also started on the captains skylight.

Added small pieces of plastic to the corners to strengthen, then will use once painted some glue and glaze for the windows.

Also have roped all the heart,jeer blocks that Robin sent me from scale warship.

Have now purchased a lot more as there on the site now.

I have to add that the blocks are very easy to drill out the smaller holes to take thinner ropes later.

Thats it for now folks, have a house full for a few day's,(family), so duty calls :winkgrin:

Cheers foxy :coolio:

Cheers Callum. seadog and Dan. :winkgrin: .

Well have some more progress, with the house empty for a while managed to get some more work done. :yahoo:

Carrying on with the bowsprit and adding yet more.

DSCF3456_zpsa8bedbbd.jpg

Here I am adding plastic to build up around posts, will sand down when dry.

DSCF3453_zpsada18553.jpg

Working on the mizzen mast with belaying pin rack and supports for the mizzen sail arms.

DSCF3449_zps360deda9.jpg

DSCF3450_zpsd8e03e7a.jpg

Added more to the foremast and other masts.

Also strengthened the base of the ship with cross pieces, will be adding plastic for the base.

DSCF3468_zps07ea915c.jpg

Thats it so far.

Thanks Jocko and Kev. :winkgrin:

Well been busy again and did not like the little plastic things sticking out from the yards, this for the studdingsail boom that goes over the fore topsail yard.

Was looking in my scrape brass box for an alternative solution and found some railway frets from the days I built 00 scale engines(ready to run).

Well to cut a long story short, me mem sihib appeared with a cup of tea, and asked what I was doing, on telling her, she then said I have something like that in my boxs.(She makes Jewellery).

So some pictures of the result.

DSCF3470_zpsb170cd76.jpg

Here you see the jewellery parts and how I filed/drilled out and made the brackets to hold studdingsail boom.

DSCF3473_zpsfbd9ba9d.jpg

DSCF3474_zps61069bfd.jpg

DSCF3477_zps7a7702b3.jpg

The finished Fore mast yard.

DSCF3478_zps791f84e0.jpg

Just goes to show what can be used from other types of matirial.

Still some single/double blocks to add later.

Nice cup of tea it was too :winkgrin:

'Ere, Foxy, something just crossed my mind. This is going to be on a sea base? I ask because where you're at now would be a good time to get the base sorted for screwing the hul to it, once you've got the bowsprit on, you probably won't want to be tipping it upside down... or am I teaching granny to suck eggs here? :whistle:

Yo seadog, I get your drift.

Well once I have the masts sorted and wood deck procurred, then I have plans to bottom the hull and fix to a base.

But also have lots of other things to be getting on with, tis very good for the grey cells is this.

Mind, a drop of wine don't half help to see clear :whistle:

Cheers mate :bye:

Foxy :coolio:

Hi Kev.

Missus say's there in finding section.

But maybe it would be better to send you some.

PM me mate.

Seadog, I have also to spray the lines on the hull and will do this and some other things before fixing to base.

Cheers foxy. :coolio:

I have had two HMS Victory kits sitting in my stash since I was a boy, both partially started. I hope to make one decent one out of them one day. I had no idea that all this aftermarket stuff was available now but I suppose its fairly inevitable. I will be bookmarking this thread for future (far, far future) reference.

Nigel

That is nice work on the stuns'l booms. As you point out, it's well worth keeping your eyes open for stuff from other crafts. Craft shops are like Alladin's cave for od small bits and pieces and wire etc.

Just caught this thread - I've got one of these but it terrifies me so I just get it out of the box from time to time & puzzle over the rigging! Amazing job so far - amazing detail, looking forward to the rest - well done!!

Thanks guys.

Well have started the bumble bee paint job on this ship,' first coat'. :shutup:

Needs some touching up then a coat of klear before continueing.

DSCF3500_zps8edba424.jpg

note forward hatch, open, this has yet to be painted red.

DSCF3498_zps38a9b8eb.jpg

Coppered the bottom bit with grey and copper.

Next I have re-done the binnicle, as the Airfix one is a blob of plastic.

DSCF3503_zps645dfe8e.jpg

Also the skylight has some glazeing added.

Lots of little items on the workbench and a lot of blocks from Scale warship.

• Like 2

Hehe. Well the binnicle is double glazed :winkgrin: .

Am still waiting on the decking from WEM to continue the decks, but lots of little items to work on.

Have now painted all the masts/yards and just waiting on scale warship single/double blocks which I think will be soon.

Was going to use the small heart blocks !!!.

Have also started on weathering the hull, but this I beleave does not need to much as it will detract from the basic colours.

Then its a coat of klear and some more weathering.

Will of course look nothing like the Wasa as theres not to much artwork on the later Victory :winkgrin: .

But we will see.

Moved on a bit today.

Been waiting on the Artwox decking to continue, as it has not arrived yet I will make my own.

DSCF3506_zps8163b095.jpg

DSCF3508_zpsadd0db1e.jpg

I have also weathered a bit.

DSCF3510_zps72db88dd.jpg

I used 1mm plastic strips and cut to different lengths and glued to original deck.

I also have painted the masts.

DSCF3512_zps29fefe14.jpg

The fore and main masts here, just placed at the moment.

At this time in the ships history there were no black rings around masts.

• Like 1