Airfix HMS-Victory-1/180 scale-With scale warship etchings

Thanks Ken.

Started on the stern windows and replacing the feathers for a crown.

DSCF3700_zps147540ed.jpg

DSCF3701_zps04230608.jpg

Not a hundred percent, but looks the part.

Before the feathers were placed from HMS Prince, major consent is there had to be something there before, and again most think it was a crown.

Theres a crown at the bow end and in the entry ports above the entrance, so it stands to reason there would be one at the stern!!!.

Cheers foxy :coolio:

Moved on again with the rear windows now inplace.

DSCF3740_zps748b2b64.jpg

Also a look through the middle deck.

DSCF3735_zps4efcaf01.jpg.

Fitted the flag lockers from scale warship etchings, some little items still to finish the poop deck.

DSCF3741_zpsb387b8ce.jpg

She is starting to take shape now.

I was wondering what you were up to lately, Captain/Foxy. I can`t understand how I never noticed this build. I remember my Dad making me this kit when I was about 10, and using vac form sails.

I love the look of the gold on black; that must have taken forever to paint. All the PE should do a good job in bringing an old kit in to the 21st Century.

Thanks Chewitt and Callum . I must say I am very pleased so far with this build, one or two scrapes but its getting there.

Hi Dave. Seems you have found me out :winkgrin: , well you can blame Dafi for this project and scale warships etchings.

Thanks for your comments guy's.

Thanks Kev and Rob.

Scorpiomikey, your right it is the old kit from Airfix, have a go mate and good luck.

DSCF3742_zps1fc57027.jpg

One more picture of the stern.

DSCF3713_zpse51ee2bd.jpg

Some of the little people coming on.

DSCF3746_zps46e120c8.jpg

Started on the bow sprit and used this thread with a needle attached for the strapping.

DSCF3744_zpse22813da.jpg

DSCF3748_zps645a1671.jpg

Here you can see the rope to fix the bowsprit down.

DSCF3751_zpse1d3816e.jpg

Also fixed the marine work and Knightshead.I used the scale warship etch but reinforced with plastic on the work.

DSCF3752_zps76f35ec1.jpg

All coming together lots to think about now as it gets more complicated,masts next to finish.

• Like 4

This is looking amazing - I may be tempted to have an attempt at the Bounty (did one when I was a kid - oob - not so hot)!

Pete

Thank you very much Pete mate :winkgrin: .

Well heres a picture I missed showing, its the maindeck with a look below the poop deck and the firebuckets above.

DSCF3729_zps08d00e17.jpg

I also have made a little boob,Only a little one, :doh: in that I sent back a book(Anatomy-HMS Victory) to jockster that he lent me.

Having ordered one from Amazon as a soft back for(£19.45)

I have now been told that its not avalible, so have re-ordered a hard back second from Amazon.

The reason I need the book is to place the rigging ropes on the inside of the channels, this before adding the ratlines from scale warship.

I have a book on rigging but its for smaller ships and not the Victory :shrug: . so it will be a few more days before I can continue.

The book will not be wasted as it will come in usefull later on the 1/100 Victory as well as this one. :hmmm:

Thats life. :winkgrin:

• Like 3

Ok moved on a stage further with the hammock nets.

DSCF3767_zpse71b5a44.jpg

The instructions are very well layed out and easy to follow.

DSCF3759_zpse1a1f2cf.jpg

Started by folding up after cleaning any burrs off.

Found you could do this with a strait edge(ruler) if you do not have a hold and fold.

I had some problems with the spraying,(to thick and cloged up the netting). :analintruder:

Also found if you were not very carefull the parts would come adrift. so managed to save some with glue, others being soldered .

DSCF3760_zps3e015328.jpg

Here you can see sprayed and just brass.

DSCF3763_zpsbf47a665.jpg

Soldered one's. need to clean off the inside and then wash in soapy warm water.

DSCF3766_zps5e61bb4b.jpg

Items sprayed and glued, did in stages.

Now I have the Anatomy of HMS Victory from Amazon, I can now get on with the rigging.

More later.

• Like 3