Airfix HMS-Victory-1/180 scale-With scale warship etchings

Hi Foxy

Just to let you know we have now received the delivery of the Single beckets.

Needless to say these have been slightly problematic as we are right on the cutting edge of what the printer can cope with, not in terms of the block itself but the size of the print files. However all is well now and we will sell them in packs of 100.

They will be on the shop later today when I have the created the image to go with the item but if you want to make an order before then just ring Robin and he will take an order over the phone.

I do hope we will be able to see your creation in the flesh soon! It's terrific work and dedication. Hats off to you!

Cheers

John

Thanks Callum mate.

Well the figure shown has no hands yet :analintruder: , but they be there once painted, he also is what we call a bosn's mate today.

I thought of giving him a whip to hold, but maybe that will give offence to some here :winkgrin: .

Thanks John for the Info on the single beckets.I will however be over the pond for a few weeks.

But will have some on my return. :speak_cool:.

Hope to show more pictures soon(November).

Thanks to all for there very constructive comments. :thumbsup:

Cheers foxy :coolio:

Just dropped in this thread to see how she's coming along and find you've flown half way round the world :pilot: (sorry, just had to use that smiley).

Well hope you have a nice time over there and look forward to seeing more progress with the Victory in the near future.

Thanks Rob mate.

Well am enjoying it here and been down to San Diego and went onboard the ship that was in the film, Master and Commander.

The US pacific fleet is also here. :winkgrin:

Boy what a line up,thats another story.

I am chaffing at the bit to complete my ship, but like all things, time must wait :winkgrin: .

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Rob and Callum matey's.

Well hope to start again in two weeks time, with the ratlines and rear half of the ship.

Have to remove the three feathers(Prince of Wales)and add a crown in its place.

It seems HMS Prince, which carried the Prince of Wales insig was so badly damaged at trafalg and the feathers were removed to be placed on HMS Victory in about 1883 or there abouts.

As my ship depicts just after the big battle I have to make a crown to go in the feathers place.

Cheers foxy. :coolio:

• 2 weeks later...

:analintruder: Just landed and hear that Portsmouth is to close, sorry for the OT.

I hope all the preserved ships are ok.

Will be starting on this ship again very soon.

OT,Darn these cuts. :mental: .

Cheers foxy :coolio::mental::poppy:

Cheers Trev and Callum matey's :winkgrin: .

Well its back in the saddle I be. Had a look at the work so far and tried the main beams for the bow section, I realised that the starboard two door hatch was higher than the port one, so its to remedy this first I must do, Pictures soon as I have this sorted.

Looking at the ratline fret from scalewarships I tried some deadeyes that fit over the deadeyes with a tag that instructions say remove, found that with deadeyes removed from lower fret cover this bar, there is no need to remove it, I beleave will make a stronger join.

Again pictures soon as its sorted.

On rummaging through me spares boxs, I also found a crown for the stern window inplace of the three feathers(Prince of Wales).

Not as it should look but will fit the bill,' me thinks'. :winkgrin:

'Ok enuff chatter', hope to show pictures soon.

'Right', Been told to get on with it :fight: so heres a start.

This shows the port un starboard one ok and the other being redone.

DSCF3718_zpseb1525d6.jpg

This is ok.

DSCF3717_zps0797f09c.jpg

This has been boarded up and when dry will drill/file new entrance.

Also been busy with the netting on stairs from poop to Quarter deck.

DSCF3730_zpsf9ecc931.jpg

I used 1/72nd brass left over from a T34/85 build cut to shape.

• Like 3

Heres a picture of the bow section with the windows in the correct position, still have to line up the yellow stripe .

DSCF3722_zps7e3dd113.jpg

Next I went onto the Ratlines and deadeyes.

DSCF3697_zps28da063a.jpg

Heres shows the deadeyes that have been removed from the fret to place over the Deadeyes on the main Ratline.

DSCF3704_zpscc75e722.jpg

The bottom deadeyes on the fret have been placed with CA, I have left the one ratline white to hopefully show the add on PE.

The strait pair go to the front and the other to the rear of the main deadeyes.

The ratlines at this time are left on the fret to place later when ready for them.

I found this the best way to work this.

The instructions(which are very good even for a beginner) say to remove the tag between top and bottom dead eyes, I found this was not ness, as it is stronger for one thing and you do not see this exta brace.

DSCF3709_zps12daa6ab.jpg

Have painted rope white and once placed on ship will finish painting.

DSCF3705_zps005d4fee.jpg

All deadeyes have now been fitted and you can see there are plenty of spares if needed.

I will need some for the smaller channels that have been added later.

Next it will be the crown on the Rear of the ship inplace of the three feathers.

• Like 1

Ummm, he said innocently, are you going to leave the deadeye lanyards white? I know they are on Victory as she is now... but I'm not so sure, if you're depicting Victory as was. IIRC rope back then was usually hemp or hemp/manilla, so possibly they should be a shade of tan. Just a pedantic thought.

:hobbyhorse:

Looking good anyway!!

P.S. Just about to set up the deadeyes on SM, so it's on my mind at the mo.

Thanks seadog, missed that. :doh: Any points like that are very helpfull.

Good you pointed this out, will change later. :winkgrin:

Been looking at to many pictures of the Victory as it is now.

I have got to say as a newbie to this forum I have followed this build with interest and as a teenager I built this kit but never in my wildest dreams would I have put so much detail in a kit you are doing an amazing job.

Well impressed ken p