Revell Battlestar Galactica MkII Viper

Just while I wait on part to arrive for the Polar Lights Enterprise Refit, a little side line arrived in the post today and I couldnt help but get started! Now, the Enterprise was supposed to be a winters project. That didnt happen. So I thought, i'll get a viper, and spend lots of time dirtying it up...hmmm..dosnt look like thats going to happen either! Me thinks i'll need another "project" for winter!

Anyway, here's what ive done so far!...

DSC_6227_zps86f1ebda.jpg

DSC_6228_zps772a4ce5.jpg

DSC_6229_zpsa1821b39.jpg

• Like 2

A little more on this fine old ship.

The Revell kit has really impressed me with its quality and detail of the moulds, and giving what the price was its quite possibly one of the best value for money kits out there!

Since I decided to do this as a straight forward build with no lights or added extras, the build of it was done very quickly, I reckon a full day, maybe 2 would do it if you had the time. The only snag I had was with the front landing carriage. One half of it was bent out of shape and required a bathing in boiling water to soften up and reshape before it would fit, but it did, so no bother really!

The detail in the cockpit is very good and the outside of the ship is fairly basic just like in the show, the next stage of finishing the painting and adding decals then weathering will be the interesting part of this kit! The grubbier they are the better they seem to look!

Anyway, a few more pics!

photo2_zps97adcccf.jpg

DSC_6234_zpsd481a77d.jpg

photo_zps0a44fa43.jpg

• Like 1

Get it dirty. Really suits it.

Disliked mine clean, once mucked up I love it now :)

J.

Ive got a few days off work coming up now, so me thinks I shall be spending a few days on this baby, at least get her finished in a clean state and hopefully...start turning her from a nice clean impressionable young lady into a dirty old battleaxe! :-)

Well another bit of an update! I spent a few hours today putting the decals on the Viper, and what a difference it makes! Going from a bland plain white kit to a proper Battlestar fighter.

Overall I found the decals to be very good and easy to work with, all apart from the red stripe that runs from wing tip to wing tip. There was a lot of contouring these had to follow and I had to use a fair bit of micro sol to help out...and actually buggered up a bit which meant I ended up having the paint some red instead of using the decal. Nothing major thankfully! Anyway, a few more pics of her while shes nice and clean..... tomorrow its time to get down and dirty! ;)

DSC_6239_zps70f2915e.jpg

DSC_6238_zps720a2b6e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1