Film of captured Natters.

tank152

Great find! I assume that this was taken by some technical evaluation unit with the civilian scientist being part of the group. Its really interesting to see the soldier in the second half try to assemble the X-4 from the parts he has in front of him.

The scientist is thought to be Dr Heinz Reick a former member DFS. This company was involved in the aerodynamic design of the Nater.

Martin

That spring for the drogue chute looked very rudimentary! It looked like something off an old mattress!

That put a smile on my face as well, here we have an aircraft that was pushing the boundries of flight, cobbled together almost with anything they could lay their hands on. You probably aren't that far away from the truth.

That spring for the drogue chute looked very rudimentary! It looked like something off an old mattress!

Looks like a good chance that the chute would get tangled in it, rather than billowing out properly. I wouldn't want to be the poor Hausfrau that ended up with a couple of tons of Natter on my noggin, for want of a decent spring!

Chris