Trumpeter 1:48 Westland Wyvern S.4

Well, I hope to build this kit for the GB, inbetween reviews etc. It's the Trumpeter Westland Wyvern S.4 and I will be using some, if not all of the accessories shown below, which are the Pavla cockpit set, Pavla camera bay set and the Eduard etched interior set. Since I don't have a lot of room here, she will be built with wings folded.

boxart.jpg

accessories.jpg

Already started Mike. Will add some pics in a bit. But I've cleaned up the fuselage in preparation for adding the Pavla cockpit and camera bay. The resin parts have been detached from their blocks and cleaned up.

Right, have got some work done today. All the resin has been primed and give a coat of Panzer grey, they will get a coat of gloss then add an oil wash plus some highlights. The try to paint the seat as carefully as I can. Whilst things were drying, I built up the engine, the pop is just dry fitted at the moment, wing centre section and cut the access door out of the port fuselage. Will clean everything up and thin the fuselage around the access door and square it up a bit more.

interiorparts.jpg

engine.jpg

wingcentresection.jpg

accessdoor.jpg

very nice, I like it alot.

Very early on it was one of the choices I was looking at before selecting Tarpon/Avenger.

I do like this aircraft a lot so will follow with interest, good luck.

I believe it's one of Trumpeters best. Certainly the fit is pretty darn good, well it was until I started fiddling around with the interior, nothing a bit of fettling won't cure.

Nice one - that Panzer Grey is quite light compared to any I've seen. You're not still using the flash, are you? The blue base doesn't look so dark in use, does it? :)

• 2 months later...

Finally managed to get some work done on this. Delayed due to being ill and life getting in the way. The kit has gone together really rather well, with only a few areas that will need some filling, then it's on with some primer and start the painting proper. The red on the prop boss has turned out darker than I wanted, but still think it looks pretty good so will leave it as is.

prop.jpg

centre-wing.jpg

fuselage-upper.jpg

fuselage-lower.jpg