RAF Waddington Air Show 7-7-13

jimbuna

Travelled down on the Friday to watch the Saturday events (show was Saturday and Sunday).

One bonus of going down Friday and staying in a Travelodge overnight was to cater for an early start Saturday morning (best viewing points).

I took over a thousand photos on the day but just as we arrived I decided to go for shutter speed priority, not thinking about compensating for camera shake despite having the lens stabilizer turned on.

The weather was quite hot (in Brit terms) 28 - 30 degrees so lighting was okay which meant the static shots were fine but the planes were flying too high and quite a way from the viewing points so my 55-250mm zoom wasn't quite up to the task icon_confused.gif

Anyway, here goes.....enjoy.

7hne.jpg

wbmt.jpg

sy0q.jpg

qc5t.jpg

t0zt.jpg

b3ha.jpg

• Like 2

Great photos. The weather helped too by the look of it.

I share your thoughts re imageshack as I use it too. Patience helps to get over the frustrations of uploading from pc to the site, BUT uploading the pictures to here is simpler and better than PBucket!

Great variety of shots! Didn't seem to be that much on display when I was there but your photos show it was a triumph of quality over quantity.

Kind regards

Mark