My 2013 so far

Here's few I've done so far this year, not as many as last year, but then again, I was out of work from March to mid November!

So, without further ado her we go....

Tamiya 1/48 Mitsubishi J2M3 Raiden - This was such a joy to build - could have done it with my eyes closed (and before anyone comments...no I didn't!). Despite the age of the kit, sprues dated 1975, this almost fell together - no filler anywhere on the kit.

DSCN6731.jpg

Tamiya 1/48 Bristol Beaufighter TF.X - Another beautifully engineered kit from Tamiya - no filler anywhere, and again just seemed to fall together!

DSCN6722.jpg

Tamiya 1/48 North American Aviation P-51D Mustang - This is the 8th Airforce boxing of this kit - and just like the ones above - this seemed to just fall together. The NMF is Tamiya Gloss Aluminium rattle can.

DSCN6686.jpg

Eduard 1/48 Yakovlev YAK-3 - Not quite so easy as I think this was a profi-pack re-box of one of their early kits - there were NO locating pins anywhere on any part!!! Mind you, it still seems to have come out ok!

DSCN6679.jpg

DSCN6680.jpg

Trumpeter 1/48 Supermarine Seafang F.Mk.32 - Lovely little kit - easy build - but very interesting gearing that went into the nose to create the contra-rotating props!

DSCN6690.jpg

DSCN6692.jpg

Trumpeter 1/48 Hawker Sea Hawk FGA.6 - Had got the tail sub-assembly, the wing sub-assemblies cockpit etc done, then found this http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/48611-hawker-sea-hawk/ - ah well never mind - the hardest part of this was the wings. As Deanflyer points out, Trumpeter expect you to build this with wings folded and flaps down, but as Deanflyer, I didn't want to do this and wanted wings down, flaps up. Flaps were the easiest part, the wings were definitely the hardest part. However, I managed to slot some plastic-card in to use as locating tabs and internal support to the wings, and seems to have worked quite well.

DSCN6700.jpg

Trumpeter 1/48 Supermarine Attacker F.1 - Another nice & easy kit to build from trumpeter, with no real vices to worry about.

DSCN6704.jpg

DSCN6705.jpg

And finally!

Revell 1/32 BAe Hawk T.1a - This was actually the Red Arrows boxing of the kit (and in the red plastic.....) Managed to pick up from a shop in Plymouth at Easter for a massive...........£10. Didn't want to do the Red Arrows, so picked up some Xtracal decals from Hannants - and chose the 100sqn anniversary edition (I have the Revell Lancaster boxing which has 100sqn as one of the options and thought that they would quite nicely compliment each other). Little bit of filler but really nothing to write home about. This is the first kit I've built with aftermarket decals and as a result, I;ve picked up several more for future kits (1/32 Revell typhoon - 3sqn markings!) Not shown - but there's a ruddy great skull & crossbones on the underside!!!

DSCN6709.jpg

In addition to these - I've also done the Revell 1/32 He-162 "Salamander" and Revell 1/48 F9 Panther.

Thank you for looking

Edited by treker_ed
  • Like 1

Very nice collection, cheers for the heads up on the Sea Hawk, I was going to build it wings folded but wouldn't have been happy being railroaded into it if I hadn't!