Mig 21 Single Type Group Build

just realised that I have signed up for a GB for next year!!!

now just have to finish this years ones!

Still planning to build two, a 1/48th SMT/bis prob Soviet service, plus probably a 1/72nd Analog, just because it's just so unusual.

Though am still tempted to build the 1/48th one, either Luftwaffe service or a Vietnamese Ace.

I thought that about the FAA GB when I suggested it and that's already started now! It'll soon come round

Timing is pretty good really as Eduards range of first and second Gen 1/48 kits should be out by then too!

Don't say that... 1/48 isn't my scale for jets, but I really want to build a Mig-21PFS in UAR colours. An Eduard kit sounds like just the ticket!

Edited by Enzo Matrix

I saw this Finnish MiG-21bis whilst visiting Helsinki a few months ago...........

dscf0411r.JPG

and decided to get the kit of it.

eduard_mig-21bis_limited_edition.jpg

This GB sounds just the place for me to do the build so will put it back in the stash until next year.

I shouldn't have a problem with details as I took over 160 photos and they are now in the Walkarounds forum

Mike

I saw this Finnish MiG-21bis whilst visiting Helsinki a few months ago...........

dscf0411r.JPG

and decided to get the kit of it.

eduard_mig-21bis_limited_edition.jpg

This GB sounds just the place for me to do the build so will put it back in the stash until next year.

I shouldn't have a problem with details as I took over 160 photos and they are now in the Walkarounds forum

Mike

Might build a bis myself as one build, lets hope we both Finnish in time.....

Coat collected

see now i'm getting all excited over what to build and the new Eduard ones sound very interesting, and so do the early versions, and late versions, and odd versions, and the colourful versions.........just too may choices! :frantic:

I'm sure i'll Finnish them on time! :P

ok have just about made up my mind, think it will be the 1/48th Eduard MF in the Czech air force in splinter camouflage (211 Sqn 7701)!

I wanted to get the Model-CZ masks for this scheme but they wanted $90 postage!!! :gobsmacked: So that won't be happening :rant:

So eventually found the Syhart decals for the same scheme, not sure if i’ll use them as decals or as reference to make masks, am thing I would prefer to make up the masks.

Love the scheme so hopefully I can pull it off!

ok have just about made up my mind, think it will be the 1/48th Eduard MF in the Czech air force in splinter camouflage (211 Sqn 7701)!

I wanted to get the Model-CZ masks for this scheme but they wanted $90 postage!!! :gobsmacked: So that won't be happening :rant:

So eventually found the Syhart decals for the same scheme, not sure if ill use them as decals or as reference to make masks, am thing I would prefer to make up the masks.

Love the scheme so hopefully I can pull it off!

$90!!! Are you on the moon?..

thats the site!!!!

I went through the process twice cause I thought there was a mistake, but the only postage option I get will cost me $90!!!!

Did find another site but the 1/48 masks are on back order. http://www.hobbyshop.cz/shop/1-48-masks/7828-mig-21mf-7701-1-48-mask.html

But Hannants have the decal version, so I can easily make my own masks up from those, plus it's a cheaper option.

I know I live on the better side of the world :P , but I shouldn't have to pay for it!

#$$@## web sites!!! :rant:

Looks like that site has a bug........tired it again with another product and postage was only $8.00!!!! If I add the mask I wanted the postage only goes up to $12!?!??! But again if I only want the mask, $90??? :mental:

So bought some cheap PE bits and mask and got postage for $12.00.

Now I've got masks and decals coming.........could always build two! :banghead:

#$$@## web sites!!! :rant:

Looks like that site has a bug........tired it again with another product and postage was only $8.00!!!! If I add the mask I wanted the postage only goes up to $12!?!??! But again if I only want the mask, $90??? :mental:

So bought some cheap PE bits and mask and got postage for $12.00.

Now I've got masks and decals coming.........could always build two! :banghead:

You can usually cancel the order with Hannants if it hasn't shipped

It´s 90 Czech Kroner, not US$. I made the simulation and the shipping is reasonable, under 4 euro.

Carlos

No I've checked multiple times, at checkout page to pay it wanted to charge my PayPal account $110.86 USD!, $91.79 postage to Australia. If I changed the order to any other item the postage drops to under $9.00 USD at the final checkout. That why I bought a $3.00 PE part, which I can use.

Strange bug.

c4175d42-392d-461c-9e94-e93e00f64b61_zps

Perhaps you should buy directly from the manufacturer

http://www.modelcz.cz/shop_folie.html

just looked at that site, everytime I select English I get another web page in Czech with Gringo in the center!!

Thanks but I managed to trick/short cut the issue with the original problem and now have the masks on the way at the proper postage rate!

Yep - I'm in with bargain basement Tamiya 1/100 and Airfix 1/144 scale Migs so I've either got little to worry about because they're simple kits OR lots of filling to do as they're rubbish and ill fitting