I've also had a bit of a disaster. One undercarriage leg of my Firefly simply collapsed! Don't know why. There was no rought handling or anything.

It then resisted all the usual methods of repair. I've managed to sort it with a bed of Milliput but it does mean that the base of the leg doesn't bear any close inspection.

Time is my issue, Loosing a day this weekend, It's gonna be tight.

That sounds fun Mish :cheers: ?

Keep up the progress gang. There are some cracking models taking shape here and it'd be great to see them in the gallery.

Re: Eduard 1/48 Sopwith Triplane - -

Regretfuly I will have to drop out. I know that I will not be able to finish the model on time.

I could try and rush it, but I do not want to spoil it. I've worked so long and hard on it.

So sorry.

Richard B.

Edited by Richard B.

Sorry to hear you have to withdraw but it is, as you say, for the best and this one is too good to rush. Hopefully we will see it in RFI during the near future.

Re: Eduard 1/48 Sopwith Triplane Resurrection.

I tried one last ditch effort, throwing caution to the wind, going for broke, etc. and....it worked - I got the three wings on!!

The next is the rigging.

Sooo.. if you don't mind, I'll withdraw my withdrawl. I'm not out of the woods yet, but I was premature in giving up. Frustrated.

It ain't over 'til it's over.

• Like 1

Re: Eduard 1/48 Sopwith Triplane Resurrection.

I tried one last ditch effort, throwing caution to the wind, going for broke, etc. and....it worked - I got the three wings on!!

The next is the rigging.

Sooo.. if you don't mind, I'll withdraw my withdrawl. I'm not out of the woods yet, but I was premature in giving up. Frustrated.

It ain't over 'til it's over.

Well done that man!

The final touches to my three builds should happen tonight. I'll take photos and post them on Saturday morning, when there is some decent light.

I'd like to echo Dave's sentiments. Many thanks to the hosts. This has been a thoroughly enjoyable GB - must do it again sometime! :D

Realistically, I don't think I can finish the Sopwith triplane in time. There is too much to do.

I have still more work on the landing gear, the tail plane, clear coating before rigging, and then the rigging. Too much in too little time.

Oh my word what a cracking GB this turned out to be! :D

Now that we're almost at the end, I don't want it to stop...

Many thanks to SaintsPhil for hosting this one. Who's up for FAA II? :lol:

I'll second that. :thumbsup2:

Made 2 kits that would have lay hidden in the stash and stretched my modelling skill. :thumbsup:

I'm up for a FAA 2, 3, 4 and 5..................................... do you get the impression I like FAA aircraft :coolio:

On 10/12/2013 at 3:51 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

Oh my word what a cracking GB this turned out to be! :D

Now that we're almost at the end, I don't want it to stop...

Many thanks to SaintsPhil for hosting this one. Who's up for FAA II? :lol:

y4mWsq-vdNPPH7QMW5ybt0fRb5l0ikyNfZk16hnh

Yes please.The Spitfire is for conversion to a Seafire 1b.

Edited by Alex Gordon
Replace Photobucket URL.
  • Like 2

All I have left on my Hellcat are the landing gear and small bits. It's noon here. I think I might pull it off!

Michael

• Like 1

Made it!

2013-10-13_16-11-32_714_zpsb93b0014.jpg

More in the gallery. Great Group Build, thanks! Now on to the Kfir!

Michael

• Like 1