Hope you don't mind a late-comer to the party gang? Would like to pull a kit from the Seafire stash again & the Sword XV in 72nd scale looks tempting for a straightforward project.

Don't mind at all! Anyone's welcome anytime

I'm interested in joining this Group Build. I have a couple of options.

Revell 1:32 Lynx

Trumpeter 1:32 F4F-3 Wildcat early (to build as a Martlet III)

Revell 1:72 Sea Hurricane

Airfix 1:72 Fulmar

Just have to decide which one to build.

I'm interested in joining this Group Build. I have a couple of options.

Revell 1:32 Lynx

Trumpeter 1:32 F4F-3 Wildcat early (to build as a Martlet III)

Revell 1:72 Sea Hurricane

Airfix 1:72 Fulmar

Just have to decide which one to build.

Welcome, no choppers in the GB yet if that helps sway you....

Welcome, no choppers in the GB yet if that helps sway you....

I'm guessing the choppers are in the Helicopter Group Build. In fact the Lynx could also qualify for the Spendid Cats Group Build. I guess I can do the Lynx to add variety unless there are any other preferences.....

I'm guessing the choppers are in the Helicopter Group Build. In fact the Lynx could also qualify for the Spendid Cats Group Build. I guess I can do the Lynx to add variety unless there are any other preferences.....

That's true, there's no Sea Hurricanes going yet I don't think

Test fitting on mine indicates that its not really that great fitting, but not terrible either. It will take some shimmying it seems. The wings required a lot of putty. Its probably one of AZ's weaker efforts, around that of their earlier Spitfires (and even then I found that they were not that hard to construct.

Started last Sunday, I see what you mean with the wings unfortunately... I should have started something else for a simple build ! But it's started, so I'll finish this. Pictures coming soon !

Ummm ... I got an Airfix Sea Vixen yesterday - could I join?

Only stuck a few bits together and unstuck some again - should really read the instructions. It will be a quick fix OOB before I start yet another model.

Go for it! Just stick a build thread up

Looking to join in with a Sea Gladiator. What i want to do is an 802 squadron machine on HMS Glorious in the Mediterranean in mid '39, but I have not got quite certain enough yet about the markings....

Query on markings in the 'interwar' section here has come through trumps, so this is a definite for an 802 Squadron Sea Gladiator....

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234943385-802-sqdn-sea-gladiator-markings-query/

Edited by Old Man

Looking to join in with a Sea Gladiator. What i want to do is an 802 squadron machine on HMS Glorious in the Mediterranean in mid '39, but I have not got quite certain enough yet about the markings....

Query on markings in the 'interwar' section here has come through trumps, so this is a definite for an 802 Squadron Sea Gladiator....

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234943385-802-sqdn-sea-gladiator-markings-query/

Welcome to the GB!

I've only just seen this!! This may just be the tonic I need to get my Mojo juices going again...can I join in please?

Bill a man of your standing doesn't need to ask permission feel free to join! What you planning to build?

Bill a man of your standing doesn't need to ask permission feel free to join! What you planning to build?

Thanks Phil,

I'm not sure yet, I'd like to keep it simple - just to get something started and finished, but I'm not sure whether to venture out of my normal 'comfort zone' or try something different!

Current thoughts are a Shar2 in 1/72........to start with. If I can get that finished and I find that long lost mojo, then who know's!

I have to add, I don't have a particularly great GB completion record! Lets hope I can do better on this one!!!

Thanks Phil,

I'm not sure yet, I'd like to keep it simple - just to get something started and finished, but I'm not sure whether to venture out of my normal 'comfort zone' or try something different!

Current thoughts are a Shar2 in 1/72........to start with. If I can get that finished and I find that long lost mojo, then who know's!

I have to add, I don't have a particularly great GB completion record! Lets hope I can do better on this one!!!

Having quite a big soft spot for the Harrier an FA2 gets my vote, we've not got one in the GB yet either.

It's not the end of the world if it doesn't get finished by the end if the GB, as long as taking part gets the mojo going again. I have about a 50% finishing rate for GB builds by the deadline so I can't complain!!

Having quite a big soft spot for the Harrier an FA2 gets my vote, we've not got one in the GB yet either.

It's not the end of the world if it doesn't get finished by the end if the GB, as long as taking part gets the mojo going again. I have about a 50% finishing rate for GB builds by the deadline so I can't complain!!

I have an Xtrakit Shar2 somewhere, so may crosskit that with the better parts from an Esci kit (wings and centre section probably).

I've also found some Airfix 1/72nd scale Buccaneer parts, given to me some years ago - and I have some left over bits from a CMR resin kit too...so that could be a possibility too.....hmmmmm

We shall see!!

I have an Xtrakit Shar2 somewhere, so may crosskit that with the better parts from an Esci kit (wings and centre section probably).

I've also found some Airfix 1/72nd scale Buccaneer parts, given to me some years ago - and I have some left over bits from a CMR resin kit too...so that could be a possibility too.....hmmmmm

We shall see!!

Look forward to seeing what you come up with

I'm pulling out this GB, I've been to busy and I can't see where I'm going to get some modelling done. I'm just about fitting in editing RIAT photos!

Will look forward to see the finished entrants :)

Mmmmm -a technicality.

I want to do the FAA anniversary GR-9 for this GB, but have been musing...........were there any GR-9's actually in the FAA ?

I know there are many photo's of them in Naval markings......and 'Harrier Force' was a joint colaberation ? But (probably a 'Noob' question) were the AIRCRAFT 'Crab'/RAF machines ?

Two points on this...........am I taking this too seriously, and MORE importantly should I change my entry for his GB ?

Edited by IXGR1

Mmmmm -a technicality.

I want to do the FAA anniversary GR-9 for this GB, but have been musing...........were there any GR-9's actually in the FAA ?

I know there are many photo's of them in Naval markings......and 'Harrier Force' was a joint colaberation ? But (probably a 'Noob' question) were the AIRCRAFT 'Crab'/RAF machines ?

Two points on this...........am I taking this too seriously, and MORE importantly should I change my entry for his GB ?

I would say that's fair game. I'm not sure the Harrier actually belonged to the FAA but JFH was staffed by both Navy and RAF pilots and support staff. Anyway I doubt very much anyone would complain with 'Fly Navy' plastered on the tail.... Edited by SaintsPhil