I would say that's fair game. I'm not sure the Harrier actually belonged to the FAA but JFH was staffed by both Navy and RAF pilots and support staff. Anyway I doubt very much anyone would complain with 'Fly Navy' plastered on the tail....

:)

so I could say - it's a "Hawk in disguise" ?

Edit - ok, I can read Wikipedia now; 800 and 801 squadrons reformed with GR-7/9's in 2007.......

Edited by IXGR1

Well I've tried to find a 1:72 Airfix Hurricane but with no success, so I picked up the Revell 1:72 Swordfish.

Then I ended up on the internet and bought the Frog 1/72 Phantom , so once that arrives (hopefully tomorrow or Thursday) I can finally get cracking (With Sailor on the TV to set the mood) :pilot:

Well it looks like we've hit the mid GB lull! I know my build is certainly stalling a bit. Don't give up though chaps there should be some good builds by the end of this one.

Just hitting stride with mine, Sir. Should have the fuselage closed and the upper wing painted by mid-week....

Well I finished mine. :innocent:

Do you want me to do another one ?? :devil: If so what would you like .......as long as it's 1/48. :)

What would you like? I'm open for a challenge. The stash is deep and extensive..........................

Over to you and the readers.

What would you like? I'm open for a challenge. The stash is deep and extensive..........................

Over to you and the readers.

Hmmm,

Maybee a Skua?!

Cheers,

Sorry done the Roc and the Skua.

Toying with a Curtiss Seamew 1/48. When i can work out how to do the undercart..................... It needs to be scratch built.

Any good ??

Edited by jenko

Sorry for my absence for the past few weeks guys, my wife produced a beautiful baby girl three weeks ago today. I see SaintsPhil has done a great job with a completely absent co-host and there's some great looking models in the gallery already :thumbsup:

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

Sorry for my absence for the past few weeks guys, my wife produced a beautiful baby girl three weeks ago today. I see SaintsPhil has done a great job with a completely absent co-host and there's some great looking models in the gallery already :thumbsup:

Congratulations Paul, that's a pretty decent excuse for being absent! Your paternity leave's over now though....

Well done.

Hope the scale is correct, careful with the weathering and keep the exhaust stains to a minimum. Please post in the gallery............. but not the WIP !!!

Now can you remember what sleep was ???

Thanks Phil, I promise I'm back on the job now!

Well done.

Hope the scale is correct, careful with the weathering and keep the exhaust stains to a minimum. Please post in the gallery............. but not the WIP !!!

Now can you remember what sleep was ???

:lol: Sleep seems like a distant memory now!

I've just been looking in the Gallery forum and there are some cracking models already posted there. They are a real inspiration to make a good kits.

The weather has started to cool down and (most) of the chores are out of the way so I should be able to get back to my Buccaneer build now.

cheers

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Autumn is a busy time, even if you're retired. I worked outside most of the day to get a long list of things done before the cold weather arrives, which is usually the second half of October, but the forecast for tonight, here in the Ottawa valley is 1 degree C.

Also, we are having my daughter's wedding reception in our house in November, so we've been busy with that too.

My Sopwith Triplane has take a little longer to do than I thought, but I have made progress, see the build log. More photos to come. I also intend to add a bio of Charles Dawson Booker too.

Edited by Richard B.

• 2 weeks later...

Just like to say how much I've enjoyed this GB. Some absolutely stunning builds. And plenty of encouragement from the other GBers.

You're right, it's been great so far. Some cracking builds in the gallery and a fair few more to follow before the end. Unfortunately I'm now resigned to the fact that my Bucc won't be one of them!

Keep up the good work everyone on a couple of weeks to go.

Phil

Oct. 3rd already. Only 10 days to go. Better get hustling!

The end is looming very fast, sadly my Bucc has no chance of being done, which as host I'm rightly ashamed of! There are some great builds that are finished or will be finished, so let's keep going right to the bitter end!

Had a bit of a diaster with my Wyvern. The airbrush blew back and covered the canopy in well thinned paint. :frantic: Have managed to use very fine wet and dry and some plastic polish to get it back to a presentable condition, but made me blooming angry. Then when adding the decals one of the main numbers decided to fold itself up into a ball, then disintigrate. It wasn't my day.