Welcome to the GB one and all!

I'm looking forward to this one, but slightly nervous too, firstly as its my first GB as host but also as I'm planning on building an Airfix 1/48 Bucc!! Wish me luck and roll on next weekend!!

I'm sure you're going to do fine.

I've got a box full of potential kits... but I've narrowed it down to three, of which I'll probably do only one or two (in 1/72)

AZ Attacker (prototype boxing). I started this kit a few years ago... I think I've got the wing halves together and some basic detailing in the cockpit.

Hasegawa Avenger (Suez ASW boxing) - I've also got a Eduard set for it.

CMR Sea Venom - Unlikely to get to it, but I'd like to.

Probably won't see much out of me until I clear the fourth out of five hornet later this month.

I'd like to build something for this GB, although my recent track record is terrible ! Work keeps me on the computer for most of the day, and while this allows me to write on the forum, I have little time to build anything...

Anyway, I can see a few potential candidates in the stash, all 1/72:

- the AZ attacker, to build straight OOB with whatever decal come in the box

- the Sword Seafire III, to build as an aircraft based in the indian ocean

- the italeri (born Esci) Sea Harrier, to finish as an 801 Sqn. aircraft in the good old EDSG over white scheme

- the airfix FA.2, again mainly OOB

I might just look at what's easier and faster and built that one....

I'd like to build something for this GB, although my recent track record is terrible ! Work keeps me on the computer for most of the day, and while this allows me to write on the forum, I have little time to build anything...

Anyway, I can see a few potential candidates in the stash, all 1/72:

- the AZ attacker, to build straight OOB with whatever decal come in the box

- the Sword Seafire III, to build as an aircraft based in the indian ocean

- the italeri (born Esci) Sea Harrier, to finish as an 801 Sqn. aircraft in the good old EDSG over white scheme

- the airfix FA.2, again mainly OOB

I might just look at what's easier and faster and built that one....

Welcome Giorgio, The FRS1 gets my vote if that helps...great scheme too!

Phil

Well the build threads are stacking up already! I'm going to try my very best to get round every thread at least once or twice but if the GB is as popular as the proposal thread then ill have my work cut out!! Especially building a Bucc too...

Question of a banner was raised in a build thread. I use my iPhone pretty much exclusively to browse the forum so don't really have the required software to create one. Any of our participants, or the wider BM massive, fancy flexing their air rustic muscles and creating one? I'd be eternally grateful.

Phil

Welcome Giorgio, The FRS1 gets my vote if that helps...great scheme too!

Phil

Thanks Phil !

I've decided to start with the Attacker for one reason: in this moment I don't really have time for big work on my models, and I'd like to build the FRS.1 with some aftermarket (Pavla cockpit and intakes) and improvements. The cockpit would require some work though as the set is meant for the Airfix kit.

The attacker looks like a simple kit to build OOB. Of course being a short run, I might be making a mistake here....

Thanks Phil !

I've decided to start with the Attacker for one reason: in this moment I don't really have time for big work on my models, and I'd like to build the FRS.1 with some aftermarket (Pavla cockpit and intakes) and improvements. The cockpit would require some work though as the set is meant for the Airfix kit.

The attacker looks like a simple kit to build OOB. Of course being a short run, I might be making a mistake here....

Good luck with the attacker then Giorgio. The SHAR might be my second build IF the Bucc goes well. I also fancy trying to shoe horn a Pavla pit in there.

I think I will start with a 1:144 Buccaneer S.2, vacform by Welsh Models.

I'll open a thread and post the details there. I may just watch the guys doing the bigger scale versions of this, hopefully to see if I can pick up any detailing tips from them.

Cheers

Mike

Thanks Phil !

Test fitting on mine indicates that its not really that great fitting, but not terrible either. It will take some shimmying it seems. The wings required a lot of putty. Its probably one of AZ's weaker efforts, around that of their earlier Spitfires (and even then I found that they were not that hard to construct.

Just wondering, I know I am going to build an Harrier GR9 for this build. But would an Sopwith Camel F.1 (I think it's an F.1) count? The decals are for (I think) 1 RNAS 1917... I might not even get the time to start it yet, just a back up plan/curious.

Kind Regards

Dazz

Greetings one and all!!

Well its been very busy for me for the last year or so but I think I am ready to take the plunge and get group building again! As luck would have it I had dusted off my CA Meteor T7 and gave it a wash. So without further ado I would like to jump in with that before I start serious work on it, and who knows if time goes well I may get some more in!!

Cheers now

Bob

PS Can't start yet though as I am still in work :weep: , but tomorrow will be a different day!!

Just wondering, I know I am going to build an Harrier GR9 for this build. But would an Sopwith Camel F.1 (I think it's an F.1) count? The decals are for (I think) 1 RNAS 1917... I might not even get the time to start it yet, just a back up plan/curious.

Kind Regards

Dazz

Can't see any reason why RNAS shouldn't be included, go for it!

Greetings one and all!!

Well its been very busy for me for the last year or so but I think I am ready to take the plunge and get group building again! As luck would have it I had dusted off my CA Meteor T7 and gave it a wash. So without further ado I would like to jump in with that before I start serious work on it, and who knows if time goes well I may get some more in!!

Cheers now

Bob

PS Can't start yet though as I am still in work :weep: , but tomorrow will be a different day!!

Welcome to the GB Bob

Hope you don't mind a late-comer to the party gang? Would like to pull a kit from the Seafire stash again & the Sword XV in 72nd scale looks tempting for a straightforward project.