Got to be in the running for worst sci fi movie? Ever.Or movies to model by?

WELL WHILST,whittling away last night,my vote of the very worst,sci fi movie ever goes to my background movie last night,

Whilst the cover and blurb,actually does an excellent job of selling the movie,the tag line is...The only life in space is ....Death,whilst its an 18,and dated 1989,its called.....Star Crystal........has some nices pace ships,i did ten minutes of it,and left it,so cannot tell you what happens,butif anyone knows,let me know,i just could,nt watch anymore,?

cheers Don

A nice man on IMDB says:

Yes, this movie is horrible. The plot is derivative, the props are a joke, and the acting makes my junior high Huck Finn worthy of a Tony. Yet, it is not a total loss. Some movies are so bad, they are good. Before "Mystery Science Theatre" started doing it, my friends and I would rent these horrible movies and clown on them all night to much hilarity. Star Crystal was a perennial favorite. Its badness cannot be put into words. It is simply the worst movie you will ever see. The first time you see it you are offended by its flawed scenery, cheesy acting, and overall insulting of your intelligence. But then, the second time you see it you will it totally differently. Star Crystal is much like a deformed dog that first horrifies you, then elicits sympathy...wait a minute...thats what that creature in the movie was!

So, stupid comments & lobbing popcorn at the screen is the way to go.

Enjoy!

Pete

but you cant compare other movies to aliens,

the prop crew knew the money was tight and everything had to be dirt cheap, they had pure skillz for that movie.

these days its all million dollar cgi and crud instead of using a little clever thinking.

HI,Well sat nights film choice to model by,was slightly better....though a made for tv series thought it was quite well done,though i think the spaceship,could of had a bit more thought in it,but top marks for the aliens space suit,it looked very convincing,though a tad of a nod towards alien,methinks...excellent story so far?.....and its british,but alas i only have the first vhs,which shows episodes 1-3,i can only hope it can get better?...i will have to look out for the rest of the vhs,s,i could be missing a sci fi classic,dont know who was responsible for the Special Effects design,i,ll have to check the credits,but i enjoyed wot i saw,so far,anyway its possibly worth a watch....i can imagine a movie could make a really good effort with this script/play....so i really should,nt have put this in this section,but as ive only watched the first three hours,for now,it could get worse,but i think not,unless you....know better?,anyway its called...Invasion:Earth...vol1 showing three episodes,the last war/the fourth dimension/only the dead....i shall be looking for the other half,got to see how it pans out.....

cheers Don

ps...theres nothing worse than having just the first one,i mean im gonna be thinking all day now,where does this go,does it get better,can it get better,how can this storyline get any better,or does it go downhill?.thats my question for today?....if you havnt watched it,its worth a watch?...Don

HI,well......i lied?after going shopping this morning,called in the dvd shop,looking for some entertainment,whilst i do my sunday aft modelling,found a cracking dvd,the cover screams...the matrix,aliens,and starship troopers all rolled into one sci fi extravaganza?whoa i thought i dont recall that movie,it sounds great,end of humanity,robots,death gore,yeah my sunday afternoon?

Well,whoever wrote the blurb on the box,i bet he makes an absolute fortune selling ice to eskimo,s..what a load of c***....i did manage 20 mins about...only cos i paid for it?sci fi extravaganza...........im shocked,it must be a blatent misrepresentation,of its description.....anyway,its deffo one of the worst ive seen,the only only good point,i found was,if you looked away,the lead actor,had a voice that must double for sean bean,i was convinced it was him,then i watched the movie,and that illusion was shattered....

anyway,this bad bad bad its the only word i can use to describe it,bad movie is The final battle between man and machines...TRANSMORPHERS....im not even going to ask for my money back,im too ashamed?

cheers Don

Untill you've watched Voyage To The Planet Of Prehistoric Women, you haven't come close to seeing a bad film. This is a film made up of 3 separate films, from 2 countries, in 2 different decades. Even the "hero" ship changes from scene to scene,as do the main characters

Not actually Sci-fi, but if you're an India Jones fan, STAY AWAY from Treasure of the four crowns.

It rates as just about my worst movie experience ever!

In one scene, the supposed 'Indy-clone' hero is attacked with flying spars.

You can see the wires they are sliding along, and as they sag, the spears go downwards, and then curve up again!

If you want a laugh - watch.

If you like Indy - keep clear!

Speaking of Indy rip-offs, they don't come any more ripped-off than this one:

jack-hunter-and-the-lost-treasure-of-uga

There are three Jack Hunter movies, and I hate to say it - they're pretty good......

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack

HI, well last nights wasnt too bad,some very nice jet engined motorcycles,to model,if you like bikes,apart from that just a run of the mill,apocolyptic vampire movie,,but nice bikes...it was called ,Priests, worth a watch....

cheers Don

• Like 1

Try Ozomba. bin Laden turns himself into a zombie just before the Americans attack. Then goes on the revenge. Really bad but not a bad try at the stealth hawk.

• Like 1

HI,GOOD CHoices,but theres got to be something to model in it,ship or vehicle wise?i can imagine how bad the nazi one is,?though i did think the one on the moon with nazis,was quite entertaining,in a wierd sort of way?

cheers Don

HI,well last,thought i,d go safe,and have something playing that would,nt make me sick,so ended up watcjhing apollo 18,quite good,nice russian lander,i know its alredy out,most of the pic was a bit grainy,armstrong and co,would of been proud,but some nice diaramas poss?also thhrew on Invasion,the movie intro to u.f.o.always see little bits that ive missed before,the shadair craft,intresting possibilities,also watched,the thunderbird movie,...no the real one...full of lifting bodies,mars crews,in flight sub orbital launchings,just like real life then,..

got a corker tonight,box says its the best one ever made,once seen never forgotten,...now where have i heard that before?

cheers Don

While we're on the subject...Skyline (2010) has to be one of the lousiest POS movies ever made! I believe it was on TV again last weekend? Utter pants; a nice CG sequence featuring an X-47B went for nowt and though I did laugh helplessly at the ending, I still want 90-odd minutes of my life back.

If anyone's interested, one of the original movies (Planeta Bur, 1961) mashed to make Voyage To The Planet Of Prehistoric Women is available here -sadly, Pay To View:

http://www.vintagefilmclub.com/planet-of-storms/

Edited by AngstROM

While we're on the subject...Skyline (2010) has to be one of the lousiest POS movies ever made! I believe it was on TV again last weekend? Utter pants; a nice CG sequence featuring an X-47B went for nowt and though I did laugh helplessly at the ending, I still want 90-odd minutes of my life back.

If anyone's interested, one of the original movies (Planeta Bur, 1961) mashed to make Voyage To The Planet Of Prehistoric Women is available here -sadly, Pay To View:

http://www.vintagefilmclub.com/planet-of-storms/

HI ANGST,theres no accounting for taste,but i quite enjoyed skyline,wierd or what?lol Cheers Don

I thought the undisputed champeen was Plan 9 From Outer Space? Never seen it but I believe it's so bad it's good. Bella Lugosi died halfway through filming and was replaced by someone who hid his face behind a cloak!!

Trevor

I thought the undisputed champeen was Plan 9 From Outer Space? Never seen it but I believe it's so bad it's good. Bella Lugosi died halfway through filming and was replaced by someone who hid his face behind a cloak!!

Trevor

Yes, that's a cracker. If memory serves, the budget stretched to an airliner cockpit that consisted of two chairs with a curtain behind them...

It's worth checking out Ed Wood (1994) to see Martin Landau's turn as Lugosi on his last legs (fangs?)!

Trevor

HI,WELL according to the blurb on the box containing this vile piece of work,it says bella died before the script was written,work that one out?

cheers Don