Görings Ju 52 was green?!

Michou

I have been looking through my books and browsing the Internet thinking that, perhaps, I could help Graham with his still unanswered question (29 June) concerning the 1936 Olympics Ju 52 and I came across a photo of a Ju 52 on this site -
http://www.flugzeug-lorenz.de/index.php?id=51
It is captioned "Hermann Görings dunkelgrüne Ju 52 landet in Dessau."
I have found that there was one green Ju 52, D-ALUG named "Joseph Zauritz". It was light green and was the personal transport of Polizei-General Kurt Daluege and there was a brown Ju 52, D-ALUG, used by SA-Stabchef Viktor Lutze. All references indicate that Göring had three red Ju52s:
D-2527 (D-AGUK) "Kurt Wollf"
D-ABIK "Manfred von Richthofen I"
D-ABAQ "Manfred von Richthofen II"
Holger Lorenz gives the impression that he has dug quite deeply into the Junkers archives. Has he unearthed something new or is it a simple mistake?

Mike

Hi Graham,

I find it very hard to believe that Göring had a green Ju 52 but Lorenz appears to have done some serious work.

Ref. "Kurt Wollf" - not "initially", but subsequently. It was returned to Lufthansa service in September 1935, repainted in standard Lufthansa colours and carried the name "Kurt Wolff", a WWI ace.

As for the lack of replies concerning your project, it would seem that nobody knows which leaves you the possibility of choosing for yourself :-) . I would go for L.40/52 Hellgrau as the easiest to use. It can be matched with RAL7040 plus 40% RAL9001.

Mike