Revell 1/32 Hawk.. Red Arrow

Well what can i say? What an absolute joy to build. Goes together really well with minimal seam line clean up. Stand just sets it off nicely i think. Simple as it is.

IMG_1028_zps25d3f8e0.jpg

IMG_1033_zpsef4d6cca.jpg

IMG_1034_zps4a4902e1.jpg

Paint was Tamiya X-7 thinned 50-50 with Mr Color self levelling thinners. And markings were decals from box. Hope you like and thanks for looking in.

• Like 14

Thanks a lot guys.

Amazing finish on your Red Arrow!!!

Could you tell me how you got the Perspex rod to be such a good shade of blue?

Did you boil the Perspex tube and simply bend it to suit?

Phil.

Rod was sprayed with Tamiya Gloss clear blue. I put the oven to its highest heat setting and donned an oven glove. Held the rod in the oven careful not to touch it against the sides for about a minute or so then gently started to bend to shape. Back in the oven for another minute then a little bit more gentle bending etc etc

Edited by Takamota

nicely done, just a shame Revell couldn't correct the 'pen nib' panel on top of the tailcone, it should run the angle to the rear vertical face of the tailcone, revell have modelled the original short version, which didn't last very long.

Excellent finish with gloss colour...very clean and beatiful model. Could I ask you about decals? You wrote that decals are from the box...was there any problem with "slighty pink white" on white arrows, stipes... on the red surface due to poor opacity? Because on your pictures it seems shiny white (not the pink white:)

Thank you

Martin

Excellent finish with gloss colour...very clean and beatiful model. Could I ask you about decals? You wrote that decals are from the box...was there any problem with "slighty pink white" on white arrows, stipes... on the red surface due to poor opacity? Because on your pictures it seems shiny white (not the pink white:)

Thank you

Martin

The decals were ever so slightly opaque but, as you can see, they dried and looked pretty white. Considered masking and painting them but they are white enough now it's done i think.

nicely done, just a shame Revell couldn't correct the 'pen nib' panel on top of the tailcone, it should run the angle to the rear vertical face of the tailcone, revell have modelled the original short version, which didn't last very long.

I think that may be a fault on my part. I used the ones the plans suggested and after finished noticed two parts on sprue. They have supplied both short and long. Ignorance of the type on my part. I can live with it now but thanks for heads up. Will check pictures for next Hawk build.

• Like 1