Me 262 A-2a/U2 - options in 1:48?

Mike

After thrashing my recent Dragon A1/U4 into (near) submission, I'm looking for options to build the glass-nosed A-2a/U2 in 1:48, but apart from the long OOP Dragon kit, I can't seem to come up with anything. Anyone know different? :)

TIA

Mike.

It is odd, isn't it? WWII German stuff is a solid seller, and it seems that no matter how obscure the mark or variant, people like it :shrug:

Dragon also released the glass nosed variant as part of their Me-262 Mistel set.

Oops - looks like I was wrong about that, the only ones I can find reference o have the conventional cannon-armed nose.

I must have been thinking about the old MPM 1/72 kit, sorry,

Cheers,

Bill.

I built one of DML's versions of the kit and was very pleased with it (nearly unbendable PE and all).

(Long story on the unpainted upper nose piece and I didn't notice that the MLG wheel had slipped out of place until after the photo session):

Me262A2aU2NoseU.jpg

Me262ALeftU.jpg

Cockpit was VERY nice!

Me262cockpit4.jpg

Me262A2aU2CanopyU.jpg

The nose compartment did have some nice detailing and the (I assume) Lofte bomb sight.:

Me262AnoseCompartmentU.jpg

More pics here if anyone's interested:

http://s20.photobucket.com/user/DDonSS3/library/Built%20Models/DML%20Me%20262?sort=3&start=all&page=1&_suid=137280233574405688228039070964

Edited by Don McIntyre