The sublime and the ridiculous the tale of two builds

Shar2

I realise these are a bit late in the build for a WIP, but I just wanted to share the tale of these two builds. The first is the Trumpeter 1:35 KV-1s/85 heavy tank for which I did a review not too long ago. HERE I like the look of the styrene so much I started to build it as soon as I could. The thing was it went together so seamlessly and well that I had all but finished it before thinking about taking photos. One evening and one morning was all it took, not including the indie link tracks, but even they weren't too bad and the whole thing was together and painted in just under two days. This evening I gave it a gloss coat and applied the decals. When I have chosen a base for it I will add the last few detail parts and weather it accordingly.

IMG_7200.JPG

IMG_7201.JPG

IMG_7202.JPG

IMG_7203.JPG

IMG_7204.JPG

Meanwhile the following build was the complete opposite. The Zvezda 1:35 BA-10 armoured car. The instructions were a little vague to say the least on part placement, not to mention the lack of proper locating pins, made this feel this feel very much like short run kit. I know it's one of the older Zvezda kits and they have inproved considerably, but the contrast between this and the KV-1 was so marked I thought the members might like to know. We are very lucky to be modelling in an age where not only is there an amazing, and growing choice of subjects, but that a lot of the new kits are being designed and manufactured to such a high standard. Not to say I didn't enjoy building the armoured car, but it was almost like actual modelling, which was nice. :D Again this will be weathered to match whicherver base I choose to place it.

IMG_7205.JPG

IMG_7206.JPG

IMG_7207.JPG

IMG_7208.JPG

IMG_7209.JPG

• Like 1

A pair of good looking builds - is that a reflection on the outer underside of the aux. fuel tanks, or is the paint a bit thin there? :)

Early armoured cars always look like they've been cobbled together by some mad welder with a collection of different sized bins :mental:

• Like 1

Thanks Andy, yeah, just got a thing for Russian vehicles at the moment. Don't worry I'll be doing some British stuff soon.

Thanks Andy, yeah, just got a thing for Russian vehicles at the moment. Don't worry I'll be doing some British stuff soon.

You carry on mate - I like the Russian stuff! :thumbsup:

Yep very nice Dave. :winkgrin:

Have the BA-6 built with crew and interior.

Have another which I am going to use the Mini-Art set of wheels.

The chassis is not correct, but near enuff to get away with it.

Here it is in bits.

DSCN1563.jpg

Nice two builds there.

Cheers Frank :coolio:

Cheers Frank, that BA-6 looks cool. I didn't realise they did one with an interior. Off to Ebay now to try and find one. :D