1:72 Revell Hawker Fury

Had this one on the on and off for a couple of weeks, Only the second biplane I have ever rigged and the first 1:72 This was mainly a test run to see what pitfalls lay ahead when I tackle Airfix's new 1:72 Gladiator.

I'm not entirely happy with this one but at least I know what to do on the next.

DSC_0295_zpsb9ea3457.jpg

DSC_0296_zpsfe50c13f.jpg

DSC_0297_zps9b139b28.jpg

DSC_0298_zps6c137adb.jpg

DSC_0299_zps102b450b.jpg

DSC_0300_zps1350604c.jpg

DSC_0301_zpsb8b5b202.jpg

DSC_0302_zps8d9ac8ea.jpg

And finally one for scale

DSC_0303_zps30c584b9.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 12

The rigging looks really good - what worked for you? Got an Airfix Swordfish lurking.

My Dad always had a thing about the Fury - he once had a whole squadron at a gunnery camp lined up for take off back to their base waiting for him to deliver the lobsters they had ordered for their mess dinner. It must have been an amazing sight.

• Like 2

Thanks guys

Crikey, I'd be happy with that; it's a smasher.

What did you use for the silver and what did you rig it with?

I rigged it with the thinnest easyline I could find.

very nice looks great, i wont to try abiplane but no way have the skills lol

Buy a cheap kit (this one cost me £3) and just go for it. You don't have to show anyone if it doesn't work out

The rigging looks really good - what worked for you? Got an Airfix Swordfish lurking.

My Dad always had a thing about the Fury - he once had a whole squadron at a gunnery camp lined up for take off back to their base waiting for him to deliver the lobsters they had ordered for their mess dinner. It must have been an amazing sight.

Easyline is what worked, couple of changes I need to make to my technique for the next one

Quote - "Easyline is what worked, couple of changes I need to make to my technique for the next one"

What changes Mish? I am curious having tried a little rigging myself, I'd love to know what worked for you and what you'd change. What you have done looks really good.

Well instead of drilling through the wings and pulling the thread through, glueing then cutting flush and sanding I will use blind holes next time. makes for less work tidying up

Crikey, I'd be happy with that; it's a smasher.

What did you use for the silver and what did you rig it with?

The silver was Alclad II Aluminium

Really nice build I love this kit.

I bought a few from modelzone when they were a couple of quid each.

Youve made me want to build another one.

Regards Steve

• Like 1

Lovely bit of work Mish. Is this the old Matchbox kit? You seem to be a dab hand with the Alclad as wlel. I have some but I've not plucked up the courage to try it yet (bought about 3 years ago!) - last I heard was you had to warm your room up to well over 70 degrees otherwise the finish would be no good! I tend to stick with Halfords Aluminium but bipanes with all those struts! Mind you that Gladiator looks lovely! I have a Heller one (which I thought was the b's n' e's) but I may be tempted!!

Simon

• Like 1