1:144 Airbus A380 'British Airways' (New)

The first BA A380 is scheduled to arrive at Heathrow on the 4th of July.

Stephen

Have been watching the BA livery A380 doing touch and go's at Manston (Local for me) - I guess they're pilot training. Had the Dreamliner here too, it's all go!

Good luck with the build TLMarchent!

Sorry for the late reply, but Thankyou Soooo much for the pictures, they are awesome! I desperately wanted to go and see this beauty but was busy studying unfortunately! :(

I have now got the paint off of the two side's of the engines I'm re-painting, it works, the paint is coming off easily! :)

So after I will mask up and re-spray!

Again, sorry for the slow progress, I'm sooo busy at the moment :(

UPDATE:

Ok, so my decals arrived yesterday, they look really nice and I'm looking forward to getting them on the aircraft! I have now started with the blue paint on the fuselage, and so far it looks really nice.. Here are a few pictures:

photo2_zpsec5a7cfe.jpg

photo1_zps57b47324.jpg

photo4_zpsd5de1ac1.jpg

photo3_zps310858a8.jpg

Also, I have now got the paint off two sides of my engines, really easy to do with oven cleaner, and came off with a simple scrub. These are ready to be re-sprayed, so I might do these soon.

Coming on nicely, have to admit envious of your work station. Loads of natural light and a loads of space!!!

• Like 1

Coming on nicely, have to admit envious of your work station. Loads of natural light and a loads of space!!!

Thankyou! I love doing my model stuff out this table, although this is the breakfast table where we have most meals, but as you said natural light and space is great, I do tidy and clean everything before meals though if it is on the table! I'm not sure my parents are happy with me modelling on their though, although my dad finished his McLaren Mercedes F1 car, will upload some pics in another thread, it looks amazing!! He was doing it on that table so I have an excuse!

Really outstanding progress. Great subject as well.

My mother in law is going fly BA's A380 from LAX-LHR in September on her way back from holidays in the US.

And I thought I was being slow! It is slow progress at the moment but this is my first proper model I'm doing 100% perfectly so I'm learning as I go.. :) Few touch up bits needed on the line between white and blue! Nice, I'd love to go on one and fly one one day!

Looking good, i will admit British Airways looks good on the A380.

Ok guys, small update, down on holiday in Cornwall at the moment and I've taken all my modelling stuff with me so:

- Wings glued together and navlights, landing lights glued in place. Waiting for decals to be put on and engines finished.

- Front nose cone fully sprayed and touched up, need to wait for the back now.

Need some good advice please. The back under belly of the plane is blue and is round at the end. How would I mask this up with a nice curve? Here is a picture:

2275239.jpg

I would even go down to 1mm with the strips. It is easier to get it to curve when it is thinner. For the tighter section of the curve you will find you may need a few pieces as the tape won't bend enough. overlapping small sections to create the curve you need.

Great work so far! I'm no airliner modeller either but you're giving me inspiration to do one of these myself!

My girlfriend has now christened the A380 the "Double Fancy", as she thinks winglets are because the plane wants to be fancy ;)

Nice work so far! For the curve, I have had success by placing a strip of 18 mm tape down and then draw the curve freehand in pencil. Once I'm happy with the shape, I'd go over the curve in ink so you can see it clearly. Then take the tape off, place it one a cutting mat and cut it out with a sharp blade. viola - one custom mask

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

Ok, I'm soooo sorry I haven't posted here for quite a while, my life has just been completely manic and it, the model, is still way off from being finished. At this moment in time, I haven't re-started work on it as I purely don't have the time now.

However, I WILL finish it... But I really am not sure when and how long it's going to take me. My flying theory, learning and exams are priority at the moment along with all the other sorts of hobbies I am doing such as Photography, Music, Karting etc!

Sorry guys but I think this one is going to be a bit of a wait but I really really appreciate all of your support and advice here. I will say this again, it will be finished and I can picture in my imagination how I want this beautiful plane to look at the end, but I have to put priorities first I'm afraid and I think that's only right.

I hope you are all well and I wish each and every one of you a very merry xmas, a happy new year and a prosperous 2014!

Best Wishes,

Tristan

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

I'd like to start this thread up again if possible, as I have been very very busy recently I have really not been able to finish this. I will explain...

I'm currently training to become a commercial airline pilot. I have already completed all my 14 ATPL Exams, which were done in September of last year. After this I completed my hour-building and started on the Commercial Pilots Licence (CPL) and Multi-Engine Instrument Rating (ME-IR), both of which I passed first time and now currently hold. I am now waiting for my MCC/JOC Course to start in mid June which I'm really looking forward to as it's in a 737-800 Fixed Base simulator.

But now, that I have a little more time before my next course and after than I'll be looking for jobs within the industry, I want to restart this project so I hope to keep you guys updated!

I may get the kit out today, or tomorrow but it will be restarted soon. I am still very new to this but I want this model to be my best. I still need to work out how I'm going to get the blue curve at the end of fuselage. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be brilliant!

Thank you, I hope you are all well, it's good to be back but please have patience!

Tristan