Model Zone in Administration & to close

Mike

Academy was the one brand at metrocentres store that there was still lots of. Airfix was low and the shelves were really only 1 deep with a few stray boxes behind, they were stacked on top of each other. Revell was low, hasegawa was low but academy was there in force. There were loads of figures left, soldiers and military personnel that is, and a fair amount of vehicles. Still plenty of airfix starter sets though. I caved in and bought a 1:72 BAE hawk starter kit. It should be lovely when built. Regards

• Like 1

While Mrs P was out for a few hours, I hit Bromley today.

Apparently re-stocked but you'd never know it.... Die-cast & Academy, & some rattle-cans.

HOWEVER, the voucher needed NO introduction, & i walked out with a pot of Tamiya Dark Iron paint.

Oh, & a 1/350 Revell USS Iwo Jima. Real RRP £139.99. MZ price £99.99. -20% = £79.99. & with the mystical voucher? £63.99!

1 empty space on the MZ shelf, 1 VERY happy Prowler, & 1 perplexed Mrs Prowler, who can't figure out why the stash looks bigger than this morning if i never left the house.....

MANY thanks to those who sent me the voucher privately, without who's help, this would not be sat before me right now....

While Mrs P was out for a few hours, I hit Bromley today.

Apparently re-stocked but you'd never know it.... Die-cast & Academy, & some rattle-cans.

HOWEVER, the voucher needed NO introduction, & i walked out with a pot of Tamiya Dark Iron paint.

Oh, & a 1/350 Revell USS Iwo Jima. Real RRP £139.99. MZ price £99.99. -20% = £79.99. & with the mystical voucher? £63.99!

1 empty space on the MZ shelf, 1 VERY happy Prowler, & 1 perplexed Mrs Prowler, who can't figure out why the stash looks bigger than this morning if i never left the house.....

MANY thanks to those who sent me the voucher privately, without who's help, this would not be sat before me right now....

Nice!! that kit has been sitting up on the top shelf in our shop for a while at Bromley, came out earlier in the year, looks like you picked up a bargain :)

• Like 1

I'd much apprecite a copy of this voucher too if possible - I may at last be able to afford the Merlin. If anyone would be willing to do so, please PM

Many Thanks

There is a link to the voucher posted yesterday already...

the link to the promotion website is even neater if you click view it from your browser, you will get the following URL.

http://clicks.emsg-live.co.uk/email_content.php?token2=l96Q11jRAvit7K9oOAThnVlVLQkZvAD61AhgjwJwcF9kxE0vUd2uFr8BgXIKby98noWiK9TdqcGSkrJKtDJsSg..

To be honest I don't understand why MZ should be upset by people sharing the vouchers as it's still generating sales that they would be unlikely to have otherwise, and to make the extra 20% worthwhile the punter has still got to spend a decent amount of cash.

The vast majority of people using these vouchers will be diehard modelmakers and regular customers who have supported MZ in the past. Maybe if they had issued vouchers or had a loyalty scheme set up months ago then they might not be in the state they're in now.

• Like 1

Thanks Matt, that's good to know. Hopefully it will still be well stocked on Friday.

Rick

Hi Rick

did you get to Eastbourne today? (I didn't I'm afraid )

Is here much left?

If there is I may venture in tomorrow

cheers another Rick ( good name that ;) )

Anyone seen the Tamiya Red Bull F1 or the 1/12 Revell Shelby mustang in any of the remaining MZ's???

There isn't one near me any more, and if anyone has a 20% discount voucher, and would consider getting either of these kits for me, I'll cough up the lolly and postage.

20% off, then another 20% would be a great saving......

Roy (in hope)

Just came back from Bristol branch. Model kits are 30% off now and after using the extra 20% off voucher , it comes to 44% off the modelzone price. Almost half price! It seems there are more academy (mainly 72nd F-18 was 5.99 in June but now is over 10 quid even after using the voucher) and airfix stocks. Paints are very thin. I bought 3 airfix kits (P40,Mig29A and sea king rescue)and 7 cans half price revell and humbrol paints.

The voucher works well just to need write down ur name, 1st line of ur address, post code and signature, which is already mentioned by other members. Many thanks for sharing the voucher:)

The voucher will expire on the 21st of August, be quick!

BTW, Bristol branch will close on the 29th of August.

Edited by adam1314

Anyone seen the Tamiya Red Bull F1 or the 1/12 Revell Shelby mustang in any of the remaining MZ's???

There isn't one near me any more, and if anyone has a 20% discount voucher, and would consider getting either of these kits for me, I'll cough up the lolly and postage.

20% off, then another 20% would be a great saving......

Roy (in hope)

Hi Roy,

I don't know where you are based, but I saw a Tamiya Red Bull F1 and the Revell Shelby in 1:12 scale in the Brighton store yesterday.

Cheers,

Rick

Hi Roy,

I don't know where you are based, but I saw a Tamiya Red Bull F1 and the Revell Shelby in 1:12 scale in the Brighton store yesterday.

Cheers,

Rick

If anyone would care to get me either of those kits at 20% + 20% discount, I'll pay up pronto and cover the postage.

Roy.

That chap in Doncaster is a brave old soul and has to be applauded for comming out of retirement just to "do his duty for the modelling community".

We could do with a few more like him, hats off from me.

Absolutely right. Now modellers have the obligation to remember he's there as a trader, not as a showroom for what might be found "on the web" for so much less.

The news about doncasters model shop is great and is an example for other stores. I really hope it it successful. It would have been very easy for him to say “I've done my part, it's my time to relax, im in retirement” but no, he is devoted. Well done sir.

Hi Rick

did you get to Eastbourne today? (I didn't I'm afraid )

Is here much left?

If there is I may venture in tomorrow

cheers another Rick ( good name that ;) )

Hi Rick,

I didn't get there today as we are going to the airshow on the seafront and the weather wasn't good enough. We are going Sunday now, so I might petition the Mrs to let me have a look. Maybe if you get there tomorrow you could let me know especially if the have los of revell aqua colour left as I still have a few paints I need after my trip to Brighton.

Cheers,

Rick (definitely a good name)

Been to Modelzone in Merry Hill today, came away with Revell 1/144th F-16C and E-4B, 148 F-5F agressor and an Academy F-16C all for just over £23. Wife went back and got me the Revell 1/350 Iwo Jima for £55.99. Happy days :winkgrin:

Mick

So hot footed to Basingstoke on line voucher in hot stick mitt and purchased

2 x 1/72 Revell Ju88 new tool both versions

2 x Academy 109's

1 x Airfix Spitfire 1/1a / Mk 2

German WW2 Tank Commander `1/16

Thinners

Cutting Mat

Humbrol Enamels

Some Tamiya Acrylics in useful shades

Airfix Hood

Type 21 Frigate (Nostalgia) after being boarding Troop on HMS Ambuscade and Arrow

Now skinters

I visited the MZ store in Norwich last Wednesday during a short visit to the city. Very little there but I bought the Airfix 1/48 Fury for under £7:00 (much to SWMBO's succinctly expressed disgust, I might add).

I was really hoping to get a Revell Halifax (I'm planning on cross-kitting it with the Airfix Mark III wings, etc) but although they had a few Lancasters, no Halifax.

I'm sad MZ is no more - LMS's are becoming a rarity these days.