Model Zone in Administration & to close

Mike

Apparently today is last day of trading although the staff are in the shop tomorrow.

That's what the guys told me on Saturday.

Roy.

Cack, I was planning on going to Leeds tomorrow which is due to close on the same date!

Anyone know if Leeds is closing today too?

Guildford, Peterborough, Silverburn, Sunderland and Trafford stores have already gone.

Ten stores closing over the next couple of weeks are: 10th Aug - Hull, Leicester, Doncaster, Bluewater, Cardiff

13th Aug - Romford, Ipswich, Meadowhall, Leeds, Swansea

Edited by feldr

Sorry, losing track of the thread, but have any stores actually closed yet? And if so were there any further discounts (other than the final week 30% discounts that have already applied?) I've seen mention of possible 50 or 75% last day discounts but not read whether they actually happened?

My vulture instinct is making me wonder if it'll be worth going into Swansea tomorrow....

Lots of shops already closed but not beyond 30% yet as far as I know - anyone know different?

It seems that remaining stock is being moved to a few 'final' stores where there may be bigger discounts at the very end.

Unfortunately, none of those stores are going to be near me - Ipswich.

Roy.

The Croydon store had a couple of shelves of returned kits with missing parts at big discounts. I was tempted by an Italeri Huey which was missing its fuselage as for some reason I have the fuselage missing all the other bits, but on closer inspection it looked like some other parts were missing as well and I passed. The 48th Trumpeter Skywarrior mentioned previously was still there.

Pat

Lots of shops already closed but not beyond 30% yet as far as I know - anyone know different?

It seems that remaining stock is being moved to a few 'final' stores where there may be bigger discounts at the very end.

Unfortunately, none of those stores are going to be near me - Ipswich.

Roy.

Me neither...

As a slight aside, and speaking of display cabinets, have any of you guys seen this one at Argos?

It's big enough to get two 1/12 cars or one 1/8 car on each shelf! I have two of them on the way to me right now.
Model display problems solved for a long time.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6141303.htm

Roy.

Liverpool is shutting on the 22nd August. Stocks dwindling, though still lots of Hasegawa .......and Vallejo.

I asked one of the guys if they were going it alone like some other branches. Sadly not. Maybe their surplus stock will go to Chester?

Sad times

Trevor

What on earth will we all natter about when MZ finally goes???

This has been just about the most active thread I've ever been on!

Just nice to natter occasionally.

Yes, sad when MZ is no more BTW...........

Roy.

What on earth will we all natter about when MZ finally goes???

This has been just about the most active thread I've ever been on!

Just nice to natter occasionally.

Yes, sad when MZ is no more BTW...........

Roy.

true and i think despite all of MZs faults we will miss them,and some of those guys working in those shops are knowledgable decent modellers.

I am going to Eastbourne on Friday for the airshow, but am also going to go to Models one.

Models one? .... don't understand! However the E'Bourne MZ was open yesterday and the guys had no further news, so I suspect it will still be around next w/e & they are expecting a delivery tomorrow, but of what they don't know. However it's never been a Particularly well stocked shop in terms of kits and the tools & paint stocks are dwindling rapidly with the poss exception of Tamiya spray cans.

Not sure weather to go to the airshow Fri,sat or sun....what could be better, sitting in the sun on the pier with a nice cool bevy WATCHING PLANES!

edit:-forgot to say kits 20% off 50% tools paints etc as at yesterday.

Just got back from Meadowhall MZ, very sad end, though there were some Hasegawa kits I'd never seen there but hardly anything else. Trips the Meadowhell will be more boring for me now. Hope the staff get jobs soon.

MZ is the only reason I didn't mind to go shopping in Meadow Hall of Trafford Centre - there was always hope that I'd come away with something interesting...

All hope is now lost...

Karl

Models one? .... don't understand! However the E'Bourne MZ was open yesterday and the guys had no further news, so I suspect it will still be around next w/e & they are expecting a delivery tomorrow, but of what they don't know. However it's never been a Particularly well stocked shop in terms of kits and the tools & paint stocks are dwindling rapidly with the poss exception of Tamiya spray cans.

Not sure weather to go to the airshow Fri,sat or sun....what could be better, sitting in the sun on the pier with a nice cool bevy WATCHING PLANES!

edit:-forgot to say kits 20% off 50% tools paints etc as at yesterday.

Sorry it was meant to say model zone. Thanks for the info.

Sorry it was meant to say model zone. Thanks for the info.

oh god I'm such a dummy, i'll say red backwards!

models one...model zone! just a small typo.....sorry. it's been a long week!